lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Trailer question

A 12 inch tire might get you accross town or such but get up to freeway speed and hold it for an hour or two and things start to heat up and if there is a weakness you will find it...... Ask Gman or Ess about their trip to Ky last summer. That Tow off the freeway wasn't cheap ..... I'm jus saying don't go too light an electric cart weighs 850-1000 pounds and the trailer another bunch.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #12
Charlotte515
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

What about the 4x8, it does not have a swing down ramp and for $250, I could upgrade the tires. Also I plan to tuck it in my garage so smaller is better if it is not too tight a fit to get it on without scraping the rails. How wide is a club cart with stock tires?
Charlotte515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

44 inches ... you will need ramps
Old 12-12-2009, 04:56 PM   #14
crash12888
Gone Crazy

As I was reading I was thinking nobody comented yet that an electric cart clocks in at around 1000lbs but scotty got it.
Make sure the axle and tires are rated for that plus a safety margin. skimp in this area now and you might blow your savings plus some on side of the highway.
Also you should always figure a weight split of 60/40 over the axle with 60 up front.
So many people think you just hook up a trailer and it will be back there when they get to where ever!

As for the tilt bed slamming, I have done two different tilt trailers with a small hydraulic cylinder mounted under the front similar to a dump bed.
I ran the hydraulic line from the bottom port through a manual flow control valve and into the top port. Fill it with as much oil as you can bleed out and adjust it so the bed will slowly tilt when you walk to the back and will slowly settle when you drive up on it. I tried gas shocks first but I couldn't adjust them.
Both trailers worked really well.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=crash12888;323177]As I was reading I was thinking nobody comented yet that an electric cart clocks in at around 1000lbs but scotty got it.
Make sure the axle and tires are rated for that plus a safety margin. skimp in this area now and you might blow your savings plus some on side of the highway.
Also you should always figure a weight split of 60/40 over the axle with 60 up front.
So many people think you just hook up a trailer and it will be back there when they get to where ever!

As for the tilt bed slamming, I have done two different tilt trailers with a small hydraulic cylinder mounted under the front similar to a dump bed.
I ran the hydraulic line from the bottom port through a manual flow control valve and into the top port. Fill it with as much oil as you can bleed out and adjust it so the bed will slowly tilt when you walk to the back and will slowly settle when you drive up on it. I tried gas shocks first but I couldn't adjust them.
Both trailers worked really well.[/
QUOTE]

I was thinking about building a little single cart tilt from a 6x10 frame I have. Have you got any pics of this set up Crash?
Old 12-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #16
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Trailer question

With any used vehicle (car, truck, trailer) be sure you look at the date code on the tires. I would replace any tires past 7 years old, regardless of the tread left.

Good luck!
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #17
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

The folding trailer won't hold up to a cart being hauled to far. Small tires, the weight limit is 1200 lbs but will sag at the back end. Had one used to haul trash about 5 miles to dump. Have a 5x10 now much happier with it, but was bought to haul carts to, and from lake about 70 miles one way, but can put more trash going to dump so neighbors pay for mine to get ride of theirs.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #18
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Hey Crash, any kind of link to the type of hydraulic cylinder you are talking about? Thanks!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #19
garysmith39555
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thumbs up Re: Trailer question

Charlotte,
Travel from Winston Salem to Emerald Isle about four times a year with my Club Car on a 5X8 at about 65 mph with no trouble. Trailer has 15" tires and a lift ramp. One thing to consider, if you have a rear seat on your cart, it will not fit on a 5X8 with the lift ramp up. I had to lower the front rail of the trailer and back the cart on with about 8" hanging over the front of the trailer in order to raise the lift ramp for transporting. No problems!
garysmith39555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:28 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

THat's right gary A stock cart will fit in an 8ft pickup and close the tailgate... the step on a rear seat adds a ft and the workhorse frame adds a ft. but a workhorse with rear seat = 10ft 15 inch tires are just right
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car