lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2010, 12:19 AM   #11
Sambuca
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 12v Battery Add On Pics

Thanks for the input, still undecided as to mounting. Would like to c some more pics if anybody has em..
Sambuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #12
dopeyferree
Not Yet Wild

I seen a picture on here where someone but the battery in a battery box under the rear seat in the bag well area. Cant find the pic though, looked pretty clean and easy to get to if needed.
dopeyferree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:16 AM   #13
Gman757
Not Yet Wild

I mounted a full size marine deep cycle under the drivers seat. Used a battery bracket with strap to secure. Also mounted a 12v marine charger on the other side.

Gman757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:29 PM   #14
Sambuca
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Anybody have some pics? Still waiting too see some in th baggage areaif possible. Or other ideas.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #15
ggwearsch
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I run 48v headlights and taillights, any thing after that I would use a voltage reducer. Why add more problems waiting to happen with odd batt. and chargers?
ggwearsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:34 AM   #16
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

U tell us more , what all are U doing to run off the 12 Volt Battery ?

You can modify the glove box to accept the smaller 12 Volt battery .
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:00 AM   #17
Gman757
Not Yet Wild

I have switched all accessories over to the 12 volt battery. I converted my cart to 48 volts and decided to wire in a seperate deep cycle 12 volt battery. My cart is street legal so I have lights, turn signals etc. I also use the cart for hunting at night and I run a HID spotlight and plan to install a small set of KC offroad lights.
It was fairly easy to rewire and now my main batteries are preserved for the motor only which will increase my range at night a little. As I stated earlier I bolted in a 12 volt marine charger and placed a flush mount plug receptacle for it under my main charger receptacle. Just plug them in at the same time and charge both systems.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #18
Sambuca
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hey Gman do you have any pics of where u mounted the deep cycle and what group size deep cylce did u use. I run lights, spotlight, cd/radio and power outlet. I have a voltage converter but I think its going bad or my batteries are getting old. When I climb hills with the lights on the lights actually shut off an on I don't understand it and the company where the voltage regulator came from does not know either. The batteries will run all day and I still it 15mph a steady 14.8 on gps all day long. So to eliminate the problem I just thought I would add a 12v battery unless anybody else knows what might be causing it. All connections are soldered and heat shrunk with no lose wires and when it happens the lights are the only thing on. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #19
Gman757
Not Yet Wild

If u sit down in the drivers seat the battery is under you on the far left side. Look closely at the pic in the thread. I would suggest taking all 12 volt items to a stand alone system. If you run the 12 volt battery down then you still have main batteries for the motor.
You only have to change three wires to make the change. The main power and ground wires and then you will have to run a positive wire to your state of charge meter on the panel.
I installed the 12 volt charger on the opposite side under the controller. I bought it at Bass Pro.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:41 PM   #20
Sambuca
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Gman what do you mean by you only have to change 3 wires. If your adding a spare battery what would you be changing? Thanks in advance. Also could you email me the pics I can not blow them up from the thread. Thanks again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car