lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #11
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How does one get a hold of Club Car Co.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortspark View Post
The guy in LA. told me the older Club Cars did reset but not the new ones. I assume the ocb is new and therefore does not reset. Your '97 model probably won't reset if the dealer is correct.
The Precedent uses a different OBC. All older 48 volt DC carts will reset

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #12
shortspark
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
The Precedent uses a different OBC. All older 48 volt DC carts will reset
Yes, that is what I was told, that older carts reset. But it must not be the year of the cart but the model OBC that is used that makes the difference. My 2006 Precedent always use to reset and that is what has caused my confusion. For nearly four years the needle to my charger would go back and forth before starting the charge and I assumed the obc was reading the charge and battery condition.

Then one day last fall I noticed it no longer reset and they told me the ocb needed to be replaced, which it was. I assumed they would use the same ocb but apparantly it is a newer model that does not reset, as I was told by the service guy in LA. And sure enough, it still does not reset. What concerns me is that it seems it should reset because it always did before. If newer ocb IS suppose to reset than mine is no good. I'm trying to determine what a replacement ocb for my cart is really suppose to do. I am still waiting for an email asking about this directly from CC but although I've sent three in over a week I have not received a response.
shortspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #13
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

So I was always told that the older carts OBC's had to be replaced with the same type of OBC for it to work with the PowerDrive, and PowerDrive Plus chargers , Is this correct ?

And I saw a Thread on here in the past 2 weeks where someone was complaining of the same thing on a IQ-2006 and another user which had a 2006 said their OBC did the exact same thing .
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #14
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Unknown to the mystery here!!!! I was under the assumption that ALL OBC's communicated that way?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #15
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

The new carts will stop charging a little while into the charge and do a systems check and then start charging again,also the charger takes a few minutes to come on to begin the charge cycle.The older cars come on when you plug them in and the OBC does a system check right then,I think 2006 and up does the system check later on in the charge,usually the cars with the 4-12volt batteries.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #16
shortspark
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarfixer View Post
The new carts will stop charging a little while into the charge and do a systems check and then start charging again,also the charger takes a few minutes to come on to begin the charge cycle.The older cars come on when you plug them in and the OBC does a system check right then,I think 2006 and up does the system check later on in the charge,usually the cars with the 4-12volt batteries.
Yep, that's right fixer. At least from what a dealer in LA. told me over the phone yesterday. But it is confusing because of the issue of "new carts" and "new OBC". That is why I am waiting on a response from CC to emails I've sent them to put the issue to rest once and for all.

I have a 2006 Precedent, purchased Dec. '05. From day one when I plugged in the charger it did the system check right away - needle at rest - goes all the way to the right - returns to zero - goes back to the right - begins charge. When mine stopped doing that I also noticed the batteries (four 12v) were getting weaker and weaker. The dealer said the batteries were shot and it also needed a new OBC. I was lead to believe that the reason the OBC no longer did the reset was that the batteries were too weak to send it a signal". But when I got the cart back it still never did the reset, rather, it did what it had been doing which was starting the charge as soon as I plugged it in and this is with four brand new US batteries so I know it is getting a "signal". Even though it does not do the reset, according to my volt meter, the batteries are getting fully charged after a full round of golf.

The confusion lies in that although I am being told the "new carts" do as you described (no reset), my cart IS one of those "new carts" (2006) but it still always did the reset right away. I think it all boils down to the OBC model rather than the cart year. The newest OBCs apparently no longer do the reset, no matter if it is installed in a "new cart" or an old one. If it is installed, it will not do the reset no matter what it is in. I am waiting on CC to tell me if this is correct or not. If not, and my cart should indeed always have an OBC that resets the charger like it use to, then I have a defective new OBC.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #17
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

The tele # of Club Car is 1-eight hundred - 258-2227

You will get a recording & have to pick what option you want.

Good luck !
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #18
shortspark
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
The tele # of Club Car is 1-eight hundred - 258-2227

You will get a recording & have to pick what option you want.

Good luck !
Thanks, when I called them they referred me to a CC dealer even though I told them I wanted to speak to someone about a tech question. I'm still waiting for the email response.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:25 AM   #19
bricks
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I replaced the OBC on a 97 Club Car that I used to be half owner of this past summer with one I bought on the internet. It does the reset just like the old one did.
bricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car