lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
txbonds
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Any reason not to paint

Any reason not to paint the top of my cart black? I'm currently planning to paint all of the silver supports and seat frames black, and thought about actually painting the top black also. Was thinking of maybe something like Awlgrip paint.

Anyone else done this?

I'm planning a 3" lift with 20" tires, some replacement seat covers in matching colors, and all black diamond plate pieces for rocker and kick panels. Wanted all the silver parts black also. I realize it's just for looks but, well, isn't half of the reason behind all this to make it look the way you want. :)

txbonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Any reason not to paint

I think it would look good. I dont think that old "attracting heat" would be a factor here. Paint away and show it off when done. We want pics of the completed project!
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
txbonds
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the feedback. I'm probably doing this in phases. Have my seat belts and bracket, turn signal kit with wiring and a Jakes 3" lift that I picked up cheap from a local area dealer.

I'm planning to strip it down and get it cleaned up as there is some corrosion in the battery area, and it just needs a good cleanup.

Here are some initial pics from all over the cart showing the details and important parts if anyone is interested in the before version.

http://txbonds.zenfolio.com/p844547987
Old 02-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
wannabecartin2
Getting Wild

Club Car

If you are talking about painting the roof, we used krylon fusion on ours and it is held up better than we thought it would (even through the weather and walnuts falling on it at our camper).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skully.jpg (101.5 KB, 20 views)
wannabecartin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
txbonds
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabecartin2 View Post
If you are talking about painting the roof, we used krylon fusion on ours and it is held up better than we thought it would (even through the weather and walnuts falling on it at our camper).
Yep, the roof is exactly what I'm talking about. Well, the roof and all the support struts and framing for the roof and seat backs.

I'm checking into a quote to just spray them with Line-X or something also. Will also check out the fusion paint though. :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car