lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default What ENCLOSED trailer do you use?

Hi guys,

I am looking to purchase an enclosed trailer for my Club Car. It will be used for transporting as well as storage of the cart.

I want to purchase a single axle, ramp door trailer. Several brands are available, such as Haulmark, Pace, etc.

I have measured to the top of the cart. It is approximately 58 inches tall. I am interested in a 6 X 10 or 6 X 12 model.

My question is: Do any of you have experience with these trailers? Will any have the necessary clearance at the door entrance?

Thanks in advance for all of your advice!:
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: What ENCLOSED trailer do you use?

Most trailer builders offer different heights, so I would check the one you are buying.
The taller the trailer the longer the ramp door, a consideration.
You may look at 8' 6'' wide it will increase the market for resale,(2 sleds side by side).
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a continental cargo 6x12 single axle. I can get my cart in it no problem, and it hauls great don't even know it is behind the truck.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
sms-shop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizbgolf View Post
I have a continental cargo 6x12 single axle. I can get my cart in it no problem, and it hauls great don't even know it is behind the truck.
you have to be driving a FORD
sms-shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #5
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizbgolf View Post
Frizbgolf, thanks for the reply.

Do you know the actual height of your door opening? I am curious as to what it is. Your cart is similar enough to mine that the door opening height should work for me.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: What ENCLOSED trailer do you use?

We had a 22 foot Haulmark enclosed car hauler, and now we have a Haulmark10X6 enclosed trailer. I like both of the trailers. Haulmark is not the best trailer made, but it is long way from the worst.

Measure the height of your golf car, and go to a dealer and measure their trailers, OR - they can make a trailer any height desired. They can put just about any door at the rear or side you want.

My .02 cents worth.

Have fun, Dave
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #7
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
We had a 22 foot Haulmark enclosed car hauler, and now we have a Haulmark10X6 enclosed trailer. I like both of the trailers. Haulmark is not the best trailer made, but it is long way from the worst.

Measure the height of your golf car, and go to a dealer and measure their trailers, OR - they can make a trailer any height desired. They can put just about any door at the rear or side you want.

My .02 cents worth.

Have fun, Dave

Thanks carguy,

I'm trying to find out if any members have 6 X 10's or 6 X 12's that fit carts. Most of these trailers with ramp doors are a standard size, and I'm just curious if they will fit.

I will be measuring a few door heights soon at a local dealer.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #8
EZGOmywallet
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

How about something like the one in the pic ? Actually I used a PACE the other day to move a bike and it was VERY nice and would have plenty of clearance. I don't know the exact size, but if it is still on our lot I can find out. The one I used had the "pointed" front end on it though and I don't guess you would really need that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truck_inspiration.jpg (71.9 KB, 20 views)
EZGOmywallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #9
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: What ENCLOSED trailer do you use?

I ordered our trailer a little shorter in height than normal (what ever normal is). I don't plan on hauling the golf car in it.

I got the V nose, in hopes of better MPG, and with a rear ramp door.

I think a guy needs to check the weight capacity of the rear door, a sparky car prolly is pushing the weight limit of the door.

I likes it.

Dave
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #10
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZGOmywallet View Post
How about something like the one in the pic ? Actually I used a PACE the other day to move a bike and it was VERY nice and would have plenty of clearance. I don't know the exact size, but if it is still on our lot I can find out. The one I used had the "pointed" front end on it though and I don't guess you would really need that.
That trailer has more lights on it than the city I live in.......
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car