lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2008, 01:23 PM   #11
mulecart76
Gone Wild

Default Re: Energizer Batteries ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
mulecart76 I was at Sam's Friday and talked to a employee in Auto. He says that they haven't had any returns and they sell a ton of them. Take it for what its worth.
I think the question is not whether or not they work. But for how long. How long has anyone run these batteries
You would think if they sell alot of them then someone here would know. If I needed some battery's I would try them out, but thats just me.
mulecart76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Question Re: Energizer Batteries ?

Anybody? How long have you run your sam's club batteries?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:18 PM   #13
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

I've had mixed reports, I've known people that say they get a good lifespan out of them, then some people that say they last about 18 months..

However, I get a lot less dead 2 year old batteries that are trojan or exide than I do any of the other brands. Around me, there are more Trojans and Exides and less of them dying young. That is pretty much where I lose my faith in them..
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:28 PM   #14
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The 2 Energizers I added to make 48v last year are working fine and balanced to the rest of the pack. So far, so good.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:24 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

gorno how old was your pack when you added the 2? They are charged seperately. Correct?
Old 01-06-2008, 10:28 PM   #16
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

My 36v pack was 5 years old when I converted to 48v. The 36v string charges separately from the 12v string. There is a new Energizer in each string. All Batteries charge to at least 6.4x volts. I'm kinda anal about the pack's condition though.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:09 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes I know that you are and that is why I asked you. I have been reading about battery packs and had read that mixing new batteries with older more sulfated higher resistance batteries is harmful to the old batteries in that they sometimes become lazy when tied to such good workers. Just trying to understand the DC world to best of my ability

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:15 PM   #18
Jamesotn
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Put 6 in yamaha cart 2 mos ago.....put 6 in my club car today......local dealer had trojans for $118 + tn 9.5 tax...it's tough to come up with $700 so I went the Sams club route....I play a guitar made in mexico with american parts....so far it's been excellent. I agree proper charging and distilled water is gonna be the key to whatever longivity we're gonna get from these batteries J.J.
Jamesotn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #19
ggwearsch
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I purchased a 2002 CC Series cart last year and it has Energizer in it they are now one year old. I charge after every run with the cart and maintain water level as info from this forum. Not much in information but they seem to work well as of now. I will post when they give up or 5 yrs which ever come first!
This is a 48v cart and the batt. were made in Mexico. (Don't like that but they came with the Cart)
ggwearsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #20
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

if quaility of the product is poor, its not going to matter how well you take care of it.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car