lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #21
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Default Re: after nine holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
How is this possible??? You'd still read what the charger is still charging!

Some, 50% of people do it this way... (When it should be 99%)

When I had to take care of the ex's 98 48V,
I would NEVER check the voltages of the batteries, while it was on the charger...
main reason... FALSE readings from the charger!

Your not reading charger voltage. If you jumped the charger and put a mete on the D/C plug, that is charger output. Simple test for you, use your cart, bring it back and plug it in and take indiviual battery readings, 5 hours later take those readings again...then tell me that is charger voltage. Again, I think outside the box, I don't follow what some manual says, I've learned short cuts to get the answers I need. " if you want something done, ask a busy person to do it, because a busy person knows how much time they can spend on the task to get it done"
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #22
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
How is this possible??? You'd still read what the charger is still charging!

Some, 50% of people do it this way... (When it should be 99%)

When I had to take care of the ex's 98 48V,
I would NEVER check the voltages of the batteries, while it was on the charger...
main reason... FALSE readings from the charger!

Save U'r breath he's not capable of comprehending !
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #23
jlutsey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

sooo can anybody else give me an opinion on whats going on?
jlutsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #24
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Sorry bout the crap , I'll ask someone else to intervene !
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #25
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlutsey View Post
after looking at the sticky again i see that i'm only getting %70 charge on the pack. time for new batts...are the 875's worth the extra money over the 860's?
well i think the 875' s are worth it because one thing is true about batteries. more lead = more run time and that much less on the charger. as far as your power problem goes i want to say it probably is in the pot(v-glide-mcor) whichever you have or controller. maybe this helps you a little.
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:04 PM   #26
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
sooo can anybody else give me an opinion on whats going on?
I think you've already figured it out jlutsey.

Full battery pack should be at least 50.93 after settling down a bit, yours was 49.6V or just above 70% so you're started 30% lower then a full charge. 50% is 48.41 so you see where we are going with this? You need new batteries if you want to get more then 9 holes based on your golf course.

Most here do use the T-875's when going with Trojan.

Is there anything else you are wondering about?
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #27
jlutsey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I guess regardless i need new batteries based on the pack test but my main concern is whether or not i have problems with the controller or F/R switch possibly? any other test i could run for the controller?
jlutsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #28
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
I guess regardless i need new batteries based on the pack test but my main concern is whether or not i have problems with the controller or F/R switch possibly? any other test i could run for the controller?
Your battery readings after a full charge have nothing to do with your controller or f&r switch. It has everything to do with your batteries and their ability to handle a charge. They are how old again??? "The batteries are 05 trojan." They are 5 years old! New batteries and 18+ holes or keep the batteries and get 9 holes, your choice.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #29
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
so i just checked the pack voltage after several hours off charge and it read 49.6V each battery tested out at 8.2V the batteries are Trojan 860.

I appreciate the help but in my limited knowledge on these carts i have to say that i don't think it's the batteries....When i'm riding it will go fine for a while and then feel like you reduced the "trottle" a bit and then speed up. Sometimes it will stay slow and sometimes it runs fine. Could it be the F/R switch? when i put it in reverse, i have to hold down the pedal for several seconds before it moves.....???
You mentioned you just replaced your cables with 2 gauge. Were they premade or did you do them yourself? You might have one of the lugs loose on a wire causing a poor connection that comes and goes while driving your cart. I'd check ALL connections once again to be sure they are tight as well.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car