lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #21
EZGOmywallet
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Batteries--problem charging

Volt readings don't lie and neither does Scottyb :) I think I would trust what your readings show. If you are reading 46V on a 48V cart and the charger only comes on for a min...you have a problem. I am no scottyb, but thats what I get out of this thread. As long as it takes to run them down to 75% uphill, down hill or what ever, I would play around with it a little more. Take your volt meter along on the ride with you and watch it as you ride, I found that helpful.

Sorry if I over looked it, but did you take a volt reading after the 20min ride before putting it on the charger ?
EZGOmywallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2010, 10:17 AM   #22
chris1434
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

scubabud, is the voltmeter only powered when the key is turned on or is there so little drain on the battery that it doesn't matter if it's on 24/7? If so, does anyone know the best wire to tap into on a 2004 DS IQ to power the gauge only when the key is turned on?
chris1434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:35 AM   #23
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1434 View Post
scubabud, is the voltmeter only powered when the key is turned on or is there so little drain on the battery that it doesn't matter if it's on 24/7? If so, does anyone know the best wire to tap into on a 2004 DS IQ to power the gauge only when the key is turned on?
I leave mine on ALL the time but... I do have a toggle switch that will cut off the 12v power to it if I wanted to do so. Your key switch is 48v so if you're going to use that as the Input source make sure you use the BEFORE or Hot side of the key switch.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #24
chris1434
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks. I will get one ordered.
chris1434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #25
Pfretz
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well,,, you guys were so right again, and I appreciate the input and help.

We ran the cart yesterday and the system voltage was 51.2 when we started and when we returned it was 50.1. The charger ran for about 2 1/2 hours and a couple of hours after it shut off the voltage was 51.9. This morning it is 51.7.

You were right about the batteries also. The difference between the old Interstates and the new Trojans is day and night. I'm sure any new set of batteries would have made a difference, but the performance is amazing and the recharge time is quick with these T-875s.

The whole experience of owning a golf cart has rapidly changed from one of "I hope we don't have a lot of problems" to one of "we're going to have a ball with this thing".

Thanks again for the help!
Pfretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:51 AM   #26
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
4 wires

1=Power source from a battery + 6-12 volt. (can be from a wire in the dash that is also in that range such as from your light switch, inverter, etc.)

2=Power from that same battery - post. ( A ground lead will do.)

3=Input + from the Battery Pack, (36v or 48v pack.)

4=Input - from the Battery Pack, (your ground from the pack.)

My dip switches are set this way:
1,2 & 3 are OFF or down
4&5 are up because Dip 3 is for common ground, (2&4 are using the same ground on my cart, your choice.) and Dip 5 is only if you are using your meter for voltage below 2 volts, (we're using it for between 36 - 48v.)
I need to make a correction on the dip switches. #3 needs to be down for the decimal point to show on the display.

So the order is:
1 & 2 are OFF or Down
3,4 & 5 are On or Up
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car