lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #51
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: battery replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill-e-boy View Post
just got back home - charger has stopped, batteries are on 48.6v, thats after about 4 hours of charging.

Would bad, old, weak batteries not accept a longer charge cycle? Now that we've done so much talking, I'm second guessing my bad batteries and wondering if it's the OBC. That charger used to run for alot longer time. Will those dead batteries tell the charger to just shut off?

reading back over my last thread " no go in cold weather, something not right? " someone mentioned resetting the OBC....think I'll try that too...but I think those batteries are toast by all the comments.
They're probably charging up to the optimum voltage but when the charger cuts off they're discharging themselves because they're shot.... That's why you're getting a low reading. Crappy batteries won't hold a charge even if there's no draw on them.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #52
cafedelpiso
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2006 Precedent CC and a place where I live connect lights on it . Now Im getting poor running time even without using the lights . First Wich brand should I buy? Trojan or US (mine is 12v Batt) and second Should I install a Voltage reducer to assure Battery performance? Does anyone Knows how to verify if the batteries are still under warranty? Any help will be apreciated!
cafedelpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:22 PM   #53
bill-e-boy
Getting Wild

Club Car

i chose US batts....I do have a voltage reducer...and i have a stock headlight/taillight assy..

reading back thru this thread may offer some help towards that warranty issue.
bill-e-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:44 AM   #54
shortspark
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafedelpiso View Post
I have a 2006 Precedent CC and a place where I live connect lights on it . Now Im getting poor running time even without using the lights . First Wich brand should I buy? Trojan or US (mine is 12v Batt) and second Should I install a Voltage reducer to assure Battery performance? Does anyone Knows how to verify if the batteries are still under warranty? Any help will be apreciated!
I bought a new 2006 Precedent in Dec. '05. At that time I knew I had a four year warranty. During last fall I noticed the batteries would not hold a charge very well and took it to the dealer. He said the batteries and the OBC needed replacement and did so under warranty (I told them about it before the four year anniversary but did not bring it in until a couple days after the warranty actually expired). So, if you bought the cart new, you have four years on the batteries. They replaced my Trojans with US Battery, which CC is now using instead of Trojans. I understand they are just as good, maybe even better.

As a side note, the charging system works differently with the new OBC and these batteries. It use to be that when I plugged in the charger, it would do a reset in just a few seconds. Now, it is much slower, usually a minute or two. I guess that is how the new OBCs work or maybe there is some difference in how the charger reads these US Batteries. I read a chart somewhere that shows what volt readings would be at various percentage of charge. According to the state of charge readings chart, 100% fully charged 12v batteries would read 12.73 (I am not sure is this applicable to just Trojans or any 12v battery). After I charge these US Batteries, I get around 13.11v for each battery. Maybe they are being overcharged, I'm not sure.
shortspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car