lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #21
lbx5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Game On

thanks i think i have made some progress. i think my power supply does not draw enough amps to turn the motor. i had it on the bench and had about 12 amps on the gauge and i could not turn the commutator by hand, so i think it will work. Tomorrow i will bring a 28 volt aircraft battery home and try it with it installed on the cart. Does anyone know how many amps these motors draw??? Thanks again
lbx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #22
hllon4whls
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbx5 View Post
thanks i think i have made some progress. i think my power supply does not draw enough amps to turn the motor. i had it on the bench and had about 12 amps on the gauge and i could not turn the commutator by hand, so i think it will work. Tomorrow i will bring a 28 volt aircraft battery home and try it with it installed on the cart. Does anyone know how many amps these motors draw??? Thanks again
I think you may have it wired incorrectly and that 12 amps would be enough to spin it with no load. With voltage and current applied to a correctly wired motor, it should spin. Not against the intended direction, but certainly with it.
hllon4whls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:31 AM   #23
lbx5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

per the wiring diagram i have + to a brush post, - to a field post and the other two jumpered without soleniods hooked up and the field was working because i could not spin the armature by hand.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #24
lbx5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

life is good. I brought home a battery from the shop and hooked it up to the motor and it works like a champ. Now to get it wired up, dont worry i wont start on the battery questions till later. thanks all
Old 06-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #25
hllon4whls
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Game On

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbx5 View Post
life is good. I brought home a battery from the shop and hooked it up to the motor and it works like a champ. Now to get it wired up, dont worry i wont start on the battery questions till later. thanks all
Excellent.
hllon4whls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #26
lbx5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Havent had much time to work on the cart but i did get all the wire i needed to get it wired, also getting close on painting the nose cowl. ill be posting the almighty pics soon
Old 06-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #27
lbx5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

decided to take a break from all the work wiring and all and put the first coat of paint on the nose cowl. Think its gonna have to have a stripe down the center. I left the camera at the camper so had to take the pics with the blackberry. ill get some better pics on next week
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00029.jpg (81.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00034.jpg (60.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00035.jpg (56.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00033.jpg (56.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 06-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #28
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Bear in mind that you will be severly limited as to motor (read that as speed and torque) upgrades unless you convert that car to a solid state controller setup. That being said, what you have done so far looks pretty good.

You mentioned that you purchased wire for it already, what kind of wire did you purchase? regardless of whether you decide to convert the car to a Solid State system, I would recommend 4 gauge (at least) welding cable to minimize loss of power. Make sure the ends are very securly crimped on and if possible, dipped as well.

The benefit of retaining the Solenoid/resistor coil setup is that should something fail in the future, a brand new set of solenoids will run you less than $200 total (add new resistors and you are still under $300 total) versus a failed solid state controller that starts at about $300 and can go as high as $1000 or more (depending on the power level of the controller you purchase).

For a casual driver, there is nothing nicer than a well restored Resistor car.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #29
lbx5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

rabbit, i pretty much know what i have here(i think) my plan is to get the cart back to original mechanically and make it look nice to use it at the campground for the rest of the season. come winter time who knows what will happen. as stated before this is a flood victim and i am trying to build it back to original as inexpensive as possible. so far i have everything i need except for the batteries and i have spent 512.00 dollars.

The wire i got is 4 gauge and i got it from work (we had an RJ 700 that we were scrapping, cant beat free aircraft wire)

Thanks for your input, are there any pics of wiring for an 86 cc? i have the wiring diagram but they dont expand very well.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #30
lbx5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok i couldnt resist i had to see if i could get it wired. here are a few pics. i used two 12 volt batteries for the test and it does work, all five solenoids and 4 speeds, the only problem is no reverse. Here is my question........ with 24 volts (two batteries) i am assuming that i only have 12 volts for reverse, is that enough to make it go backwards at half speed? i still have to secure all the wires and get the body painted but it is wired and does go forward Thanks for all the help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00036.jpg (92.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00037.jpg (112.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00038.jpg (112.5 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00039.jpg (113.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00040.jpg (109.3 KB, 32 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car