lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
fast-eddie
Not Yet Wild

Default 87 club car

hey guys I have a 87 club car that I guy gave me to take out of the yard one of the batteries caught fire and burned the side of the cart well I put some used batteries in and replace all the connecters and used body and painted put it on a charge and it runs now but but it does now have any power when you hit the hill in my neighbor hood but on flat ground it runs about 5MPH but a crawl on the hill my question is do all of the club cars of this model run like this or is there a way to give them a little extra boost I dont want to buy a new cart but dont mind playing around with this one a bit
fast-eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 87 club car

eddie, is that a 5 solenoid cart?
have you got a way to test the batteries?
A voltmeter?
5mph doesn't sound good .....
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
fast-eddie
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 87 club car

Quote:
eddie, is that a 5 solenoid cart?
have you got a way to test the batteries?
A voltmeter?
5mph doesn't sound good .....
yes its a 5 solenoid cart but the first solenoid is by passed my local golf cart dealer said to bypass was not working and it would be ok to bypass it I just put 2,3 solenoid in because they where not clicking and no I dont have a voltmeter to test the batteries but the guy I bought them from said they where holding at 6volts after I bought the batteries I loaded the cart on a trailer and went back to the shop and he tested them but he trying to talk me into buying a new or newer cart but the reason for the cart is I have a truck that we take to the drag strip 1-2 twice a month and I just want to have a little juice to get around the track
fast-eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car