lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default AXE4844 and Plum Quick Purple

I put in an Alltrax AXE4844 and a Plum Quick Purple motor, with new heavy duty F/R switch and all new welding cables throughout, the performance is way below my expectations. Barely can hit 19 mph on the flats and does not have much torque on the hills will barely maintain 15 mph. As nearly as I can tell nothing is wrong, but have two questions, what Field Mapping should the AXE be set at and would the weaker performance be because the batteries are not broke in yet?
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: AXE4844 and Plum Quick Purple

Have you contacted Robby at PQ, he is a great resource.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
Have you contacted Robby at PQ, he is a great resource.
Talked to them briefly yesterday and have a PM to him.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

An AXE doesn't have feild mapping. Only the SEPEX controllers have it. Might check to make sure the throttle is set to 100% in the controller and other settings. Shouldn't be but you never know. Controller might be a little weak for the motor depending on what motor you got.......especially if its on 36 volts.

*Edit* Make sure your pot is going from 5k-0 or whichever it needs to be. AXE's dont have feild mapps but they do have a throttle curve.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #5
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
An AXE doesn't have feild mapping. Only the SEPEX controllers have it. Might check to make sure the throttle is set to 100% in the controller and other settings. Shouldn't be but you never know. Controller might be a little weak for the motor depending on what motor you got.......especially if its on 36 volts.

*Edit* Make sure your pot is going from 5k-0 or whichever it needs to be. AXE's dont have feild mapps but they do have a throttle curve.
Good to know, most of my experience is with DCX controllers. According to the Controller Pro throttle is 100%, and also shows throttle hitting full 100% which should be the the full range.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just asking have you checked your battery pack lately with hydrometer for cell conditions? Weak battery pack means weak performance??
Have you checked MCOR linkage for wear that wouldnt allow it to go to full throttle? It only takes a 10-25 thousands of wear to cut MCOR travel down.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #7
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
Just asking have you checked your battery pack lately with hydrometer for cell conditions? Weak battery pack means weak performance??
Have you checked MCOR linkage for wear that wouldnt allow it to go to full throttle? It only takes a 10-25 thousands of wear to cut MCOR travel down.

Brand New batteries as indicated in the first post, and it does not have MCOR, according to the Controller it is seeing the ohm range from the multi-step pot.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #8
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

OOPS sorry I missed the info on NEW batterys??? OLD AGE YOU KNOW?
Then what kind of pedal speed control do you have, Curtis pb-6 or Vglide etc? I looked up 2001 DS Regen and parts book only shows V glide for 36 volt carts and MCOR for 48 volt carts?
Old 05-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #9
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
OOPS sorry I missed the info on NEW batterys??? OLD AGE YOU KNOW?
Then what kind of pedal speed control do you have, Curtis pb-6 or Vglide etc? I looked up 2001 DS Regen and parts book only shows V glide for 36 volt carts and MCOR for 48 volt carts?

That's the confusion this is not on my cart, a cart I refurbished. It's a 97 Series.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #10
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

The original 1997 Cub Car had a now obsolet unit mounted under floor on drivers side that is replaced with a conversion kit to a MCOR with linkage adaption that mounts under passenger floor. I have seen several of those old stock units that wouldnt give full 5K-0 ohms resistance range. EXAMPLE 5K-01 or 02 so no full speed?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car