lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
TylerH
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2000.5 48v CC DS - Speed and Torque

I have a 2000.5 Club Car DS, with a relatively fresh battery pack ~90-95%(surface charge removed), and new 4ga cables.

The car is completely stock as far as I know. Everything works fine on the cart except that i'd like it to be faster on the flats and when climbing hills. Currently the cart does not seem to be able to go any faster than standard golf course speed (8-9 mph), much faster down hill of course.

I there something I can adjust or reset on the car to get more out of it or am I going to have to purchase a new controller to get anything else out of it?

Any advice would be appreciated,
Tyler
TylerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2000.5 48v CC DS - Speed and Torque

Is this a series or regen car? (Does it have a tow/run switch under the seat?)
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:08 AM   #3
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

Once you answer the previous post it will be easier to recommend something. If it is a Series cart that is slow, if it is an IQ it probably can have a faster speed code installed but I don't know if there was an IQ in 2000.5. The most economical speed increase in either situation is an aftermarket speed motor. They range from $250 on up depending on the type of cart (Regen, Series). The most effective way to increase torque is a controller upgrade. You sometimes can get a slight torque increase with some of the speed motors, but most speed motors sacrifice torque.
dtkana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
TylerH
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not tow / run switch that I have bene able to find. Almost certain it is not a regen.

I am not sure if it has an MCOR or a MPOT I have not been under the skin yet to check.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sounds like a series cart. There are many motors out there that will increase your speed. Start by clicking on the "Site Sponsors" tab at the top of the page. Many will discuss your options over the phone or you can view their products online. You can also plug your info into the Motor/Controller application on the D&D Motor Systems website.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #6
TylerH
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not really looking to upgrade the cart until something breaks.

I was just curious if 8-10 mph is normal peak performance for a 48v DS Series cart.

Thanks,
Tyler
Old 05-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #7
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sounds slow if the batteries are good. Have you tested the batteries?
Old 05-25-2010, 02:59 PM   #8
dereckbc
Gone Wild

Assuming your batteries are in good shape, a series motor, and the controller does not have a regulator in it, the only way to get more speed is to increase the voltage which you are already as high as you can go at 48 volts, change the motor out, or install a lift kit and install larger tire which will reduce torque.

You can increase torque by upgrading the controller, but that will not buy you any more speed. It gives you more stall and low speed torque but does not increase the RPM’s of the motor as that is controlled by the voltage applied.

I am with the previous poster, 10 MPH is slow and I would first investigate the batteries closely. Sounds like you have some low batteries.
dereckbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car