lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
ms223
Not Yet Wild

Default OBC

I just bought a 96 cc 48v. Didnt come with batteries or charger. I bought (6) interstate 8vgc and a schauer 48v 15a charger. I am hving the same problems as the guy in the "1/4 turn axl" thread a couple days ago. Hooked everything up(batteries-cables) turned the key.. pushed the pedal and nothing. I did however notice that the motor did jump a little.

This was from the other tread and was posted by TahoeDawgZ71-Is the solenoid clicking? Often when an On-Board computer fails, or isn't hooked up properly, it will not allow the solenoid to get a ground signal on the small negative post and it will not click. You'll get just enough power through the small resistor on the solenoid to charge up the capacitors on the controller. It will try to roll just a little bit and then it'll stop because it uses up all of the stored power and can't get any more because the solenoid isn't working. Does this sound like your problem? If so, let me know and we'll trace down the problem. This sounds like what is happening to me.

I have heard tons of different ideas of what it could be, but my question is" What side effects are there if you bypass the obc to the cart"?

Is that a permanent solution or would I still have to buy a new obc?

No solenoid clicking..Should I get a new on first or try bypassing obc first?
ms223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: OBC

WELCOME TO BGW !!!
Is that charger supposed to work with a CC obc? Does it plug up to your cart? I think what you have is a mis match between the obc and the charger.... looks like you are on your way to removing the obc and converting back to an earlier system? I have not done this but I have heard of it. Somebody else who knows more about it will be along....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #3
keg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Im not sure but I will tell you this.
If you got scottyb and Tahoedawg Z71 helping you LISTEN to them.
they are on top of their game and have helped me.
keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

matt, try soleniod 1st as per our phone conversation and try OBC like we talked about call me when your done if nothing works we,ll have to go from there but from what you told me i think its either the solenoid or the computer....................solenoid 1st...............good luck bud..........
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Geez, keg, The Shadow was helping me when I was green A phone line to Tom = this guy is in good hands now

I am curious Tom, is that charger compatible with the obc?
Old 06-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you can use it but its not gonna be nothing like having the C.C. charger.....i suggested to him if possible return it or sell it and get a C.C. charger once we get figured out whats going on....it has one of those albright solenoids on it and this is just my opinion but i think those are crap.........i know i had about 10 of them new and if i remember 4 of them gave me trouble right out of the box i gave him the # for the white rodgers 48 volt HD noid i,d get rid of the other one, also hes gonna get a C.C. charger to try on cart to see if it will work i have a feeling its the solenoid or the OBC ...........new batts in cart but nothing wrong with throwing a load on them to make sure no bad ones.................................
Old 06-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I_C
Old 06-09-2010, 11:02 PM   #8
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

I pitched all the OBC crap on my Ike rebuild.. To use the charger you bought the OBC will have to be removed..

To remove the OBC... Disconnect the small yellow wire at the solenoid, using a piece of 18ga. yellow wire, run a wire from the solenoid to the controller B- bus.. This will give the solenoid a ground circuit.. Remove the OBC's 10ga black wire from the fuse on the back of the charging receptacle, connect a new 10ga black wire from the fuse to the controller B- bus, this will complete the charge circuit.. Cut the gray wire off at the back of the charge receptacle, it is no longer needed as you now have a self-contained automatic charger..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:06 AM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

John i like how you put that...............OBC crap.........i feel the same way but 2 things i always try and keep in mind is some people want to keep the OBC and buy a charger thinking they have to do nothing but plug it in and #2 we have no idea of the persons skill when it comes to an elec. cart, i have seen people ruin their cart because hey man its just an elec. cart...........i watched a guy dump a grand into his cart only to turn around and ruin every elec. part in it over a 4 dollar switch and not disconnecting main juice before taking the panel off where keyswitch is............grounded back of keyswitch to frame and fried everything including the melting of every wire in the main harness from front to rear it was sad..............................but the guy just wouldn,t listen, over the last 10 years i have seen countless damage done to elec. carts due to the most minor of things someone was trying to do, but you are right OBC crap.....i,m hoping its his solenoid cause you can get that charger to work with a single jumper wire but i do feel even if its the OBC replace it and we,ll make charger work.......................breaking news it was that crap albright solenoid.........................hes gonna get the W.R H.D. and he,ll be good to go.......from talking to him last night i just had a feeling it was the solenoid.........glad to hear it cause the man has enough money tied up in it already.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:11 AM   #10
ms223
Not Yet Wild

Jumped the solenoid like Tom suggested. Wheels went full trottle. Im trying to track down the solenoid Tom suggested before I get up to camp on Friday. Hope I can find it.
ms223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car