lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
wilmash
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2006 precedent

this cart has mag whells that extent out from the body a few inches. the turning radias is limited because the tire hit the under carriage. do i need a lift kit or what. if it is the lift kit, i would like to lift is to a minimum. need help in ky.
wilmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 precedent

I see by your post that you have a 2006 Precedent which would have helped with your other post about batterys being replaced and wired at first incorrectly. ALWAYS show what make, model, voltage, and in case of Club Car what motor you have ( Series or in your case a Sepex ) and any extra's like rear seat when making a post.
What size wheels ( 8",10",12" ) and give complete size tires from tire sidewall do you have as they can be from stock ( 18"X8.5"X8" ) example to ( 25"X10"X12" ) This will give us an idea what lift you may need, and while you are giving info does your cart have rear seat and if so does it have HD Rear Springs which again will make a difference.
Thank you for needed information and we hope to be able to help you enjoy your cart like we do ours.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:26 AM   #3
wilmash
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thanks for your help. the tires are duro 4 ply excel touring size 210/40-12. there is no back seat. i do not know what the motor is. for the other guys that confused this cart (which has 4 12 volt batteries)with my other club cart that has 6 8v batteries, you are confused as much as i was when i wired it wrong. no one answered by question of how do i get it to run. i already know i was stupid, dumb, crazy, imbelcel, etc.
wilmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

To answer your problem I would contact one of our sponsors, and I have had very good luck with "Jake's" especially in your case as they work with your problem all the trime and are willing to help in any way they can. Not being that familiar with Precedent's I am only making a guess that you would need a 4"-6" lift??? I find that a long travel lift is best once you get over 5" but thats just my opinion?
If you would like to know what your cart came with stock ( it may have been factory altered or owner altered ) just post the serial number and one of the Precedent owners or dealers should reply with info.
Good luck and I hope that some one can help you so that you can enjoy your cart trouble free.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't know how I missed this post last night.......

ok, from what I understand, you can't run 12" tires on a club car without this issue cropping up . Jakes used to make a kit for the DS model that pushed the front wheels forward about 2" that resolved this but I don't know if they still make it (or if it was ever made for the Precedent model). Jakes does offer a 3" lift kit for the Precedent model and it works really well. I assume there are other manufacturers out there that offer similar, but I have been a long time supporter of Jakes because they make QUALITY lift kits.

Hope that helps you out.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
turning
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car