lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
springfieldrace1
Not Yet Wild

Default 92 cc charging problems

I have a 1992 Club car 36 volts. the insulstion is melted off the cable going to one of the resistor. When you plug the charger in it go's to 20 and never drops. All the batterys are wired in the right order and are brand new last week checked out good. I thought that I had a bad battery so I went on and got new ones. When you depress the go pedal it is hard to push like it is stuck could there be a prblem with the vglide just replaced it last fall. Thank you
springfieldrace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 92 cc charging problems

Welcome to BGW! What is the battery pack voltage reading at the batteries and again what is the battery pack voltage reading at the charger receptacle ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
springfieldrace1
Not Yet Wild

when the batterys where new it was 42 now it onley gets to 36 have not checked it at the charge. I used a buddy of mine charger it did the same thing went to 20 and never dropped below that
springfieldrace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

1st get that cable replaced or repaired that could be the problem or not but it needs to be fixed..................even though they are new batts, check voltage in each one and load test................ its quite possible you have more than one problem................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #5
pitstop racing
Not Yet Wild

Agree with shadowman, replace that cable and check all the cables, especially around vglide. Sounds like something could be shorted out. The charger doesn't know if it is sending 20 amps through the batteries or through the something else.
pitstop racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car