lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Dried Out Batteries in 2009 DS

I have some batteries for sale. I do not know how old they are but they just need water...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #22
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i can,t tell you how many times i have seen someone sell a cart and tell the person its a 1994 when its a 1989..........dozens oftimes.......same with batteries its nice they put the date on them but how long did these batteries sit? i mean if you buy batts stamped jan. 2009 you buy them in december 2009 have these things sat there for 12 months untouched? when i have a customer who needs new batteries i want them fresh just like my fish..................i don,t put a ton of faith in when they were made i want to know how long they been sitting around as i have seen that a lot also.......i only buy batteries from one place in ohio they are made there and they are always fresh or i don,t take them...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #23
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think the longest I have ever let a battery sit idle was about 30 days..... I go through too many for them to not be fresh....

I am truely saddened to hear that the dealer in this case is advertising for people to actually run the batteries down like that..... I tell people all the time, if you use the cart today, charge it tonight.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:23 PM   #24
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
I think the longest I have ever let a battery sit idle was about 30 days..... I go through too many for them to not be fresh....

I am truely saddened to hear that the dealer in this case is advertising for people to actually run the batteries down like that..... I tell people all the time, if you use the cart today, charge it tonight.
Yep. Agree completely with you about the charging. I've been back from vacation now for three weeks and have yet to charge my car.. I know I need to, but there's tables set up with garage sell crap and I can't get to an outlet. They're 2006 batteries so I'm not too worried about it. They can't possibly last much longer anyways. Gonna try and invest in the 6 8 volt setup pretty soon.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #25
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

TAHOEDAWG You are just like a doctor I knew he preached to me for years about taking care of myself and guess what he fell over dead from a heart attack at his daughters wedding? He was dancing with his daughter at the time after doing the same with probably 20 plus other women, which he hadden't done in years? I never got the chance to neglect my own cars, trucks etc BECAUSE HEAD QUARTERS ( WIFE ) drove them all and wouldn't stand for poor maintenace? Maybe you need a wife like mine? ( Married 60 years in November )??
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:44 PM   #26
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

cripes old mec what are you older than dirt or what.......................lolol...........only funnin ya bud and a big congrats on the 60 years, you got married when it meant something not like now-a-days.........same with my doctor he was always hey tom quit smoking and lose 15 lbs........he was 20 years my junior and what happens his wife comes home to find him dead from a heart attack...........than my accountant just 3 weeks ago went to have stress test done doctor says you passed with flying colors no worries................6 hours later wife comes home hes dead on the floor heart attack....................when the man up there calls you you go no questions asked....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #27
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

On a lighter note.......
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:34 PM   #28
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
i can,t tell you how many times i have seen someone sell a cart and tell the person its a 1994 when its a 1989..........dozens oftimes.......same with batteries its nice they put the date on them but how long did these batteries sit? i mean if you buy batts stamped jan. 2009 you buy them in december 2009 have these things sat there for 12 months untouched? when i have a customer who needs new batteries i want them fresh just like my fish..................i don,t put a ton of faith in when they were made i want to know how long they been sitting around as i have seen that a lot also.......i only buy batteries from one place in ohio they are made there and they are always fresh or i don,t take them...................................
Where is that?
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #29
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
TAHOEDAWG You are just like a doctor I knew he preached to me for years about taking care of myself and guess what he fell over dead from a heart attack at his daughters wedding? He was dancing with his daughter at the time after doing the same with probably 20 plus other women, which he hadden't done in years? I never got the chance to neglect my own cars, trucks etc BECAUSE HEAD QUARTERS ( WIFE ) drove them all and wouldn't stand for poor maintenace? Maybe you need a wife like mine? ( Married 60 years in November )??
Well the problem lies in the fact that the vehicle stays at my Dad's house because I currently live in a townhouse with no garage. It's for sale by the way, and has been for over a year now. The market is terrible around here. I've not even been there since we've returned from vacation. So the wife isn't the problem. It's lack of access to the car.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:24 AM   #30
stinkyboy
Not Yet Wild

Old Mec

The cart serial number is AQ0936-049397

The batteries are Trojans serial number E9-18-T1275-1316
stinkyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car