lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2008, 09:30 PM   #11
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: how to go faster

They do 12 mph from the factory in speed mode 3. Speed mode 4 is the one that Club Car makes ya pay for when it's done because they have to send a code to program in and a Green & Black sticker saying that it doesnt qualify for standard golf cart speeds any longer. That brings it to 19.7.

All IQ's are programmable this way and all electric Precedents are IQ models too.

Of course the size of tires is gonna have an effect to. 20mph is pretty standard with standard size tires. Mine has had the factory speed upgrade and 20 is all it'll do...............
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #12
jimhancock
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-A rider View Post
Wow 2" gaining 6 mph is a lot. Not doubting you. but have never heard that much of an mph gain with just a 2" tire diameter increase.

I'm 25mph with my Ge D380 motor on stock tire height. I plan on an 8" lift to support somewhere in the 23" -25" tire size.....If I got 6 mph from a 5-7" tire dimaeter increase Id be overwhelmed with those results.
Sorry to do this, but I didn't like to see the guy trashed for what is basically sound reasoning.
Let's do the math:
1 revolution / 8 inch diameter tire = 25.13272 inches traveled
1 revolution / 10 inch diameter tire = 31.14159 inches traveled
percent gain in distance traveled = 23.9
applied to 19.7 (base speed) = 24.409 mph
This is not too far removed from his anecdotal evidence, so supports his claim of 6 mph speed increase (really 4.7) on a change from 8 to ten inch tires.
Your change (18 inches to 23 inches) feeds the formula:
1 revolution / 18 inch diameter tire = 56.54862 inches traveled
1 revolution / 23 inch diameter tire = 72.25657 inches traveled
percent gain in distance traveled = 27.7
So, you see, it's really not that big a difference, because you start with much larger tires.
Now, all of this is based on the assumption that larger tires translate directly to faster speeds, without factoring in increased drag on the motor, differential, etc.
Good luck!
jimhancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #13
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhancock View Post
Sorry to do this, but I didn't like to see the guy trashed for what is basically sound reasoning.
Let's do the math:
1 revolution / 8 inch diameter tire = 25.13272 inches traveled
1 revolution / 10 inch diameter tire = 31.14159 inches traveled
percent gain in distance traveled = 23.9
applied to 19.7 (base speed) = 24.409 mph
This is not too far removed from his anecdotal evidence, so supports his claim of 6 mph speed increase (really 4.7) on a change from 8 to ten inch tires.
Your change (18 inches to 23 inches) feeds the formula:
1 revolution / 18 inch diameter tire = 56.54862 inches traveled
1 revolution / 23 inch diameter tire = 72.25657 inches traveled
percent gain in distance traveled = 27.7
So, you see, it's really not that big a difference, because you start with much larger tires.
Now, all of this is based on the assumption that larger tires translate directly to faster speeds, without factoring in increased drag on the motor, differential, etc.
Good luck!
What he said
Totally believable on flat or slightly down hill
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car