lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2017, 07:03 PM   #1
mechchild
Not Yet Wild

Default 03 club car ds 6" lift, snubber question

Not sure if any one can help. But I installed a 6" jakes lift on my 03 club car ds gas. Kit installed nice and easy. I put it all back together and the motor sits on an angle. So I read some posts and it says to put a flat bar extension on snubber arm to bring it back down. So I made one up (2") and went to put it on but can't get the engine pan down any further. It feels like I'm twisting the axle when I push.

I don't know if I'm missing something or what? The axle can't rotate any more because it has welded on brackets that is all squared with everything else. I checked to make sure I didn't have the lift kit blocks installed backwards which is not the case. Any ideas?

I wouldn't really care except for the fact it seems like if vibrates alot more when starting etc.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks
Tim
mechchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2017, 06:39 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 03 club car ds 6" lift, snubber question

Welcome to BGW MC!

There are a lot of things that "come into play" when extending your snubber bracket,
Maybe brake cables... for sure the intake hose! and the snubber bracket itself, etc....

My cart came from the factory with a 4" Z lift, and the first thing I noticed was my snubber bracket was upside down compared to stock carts,
(bracket mounting bolts below the bracket, compared to bolts above the bracket on stock carts)
that automatically drops the front of the engine pan about 3"!

When I added a 3" spindle lift to it, I decided I'd drop the front a little more,
I made my 1st extension with 2-1/2" bolt hole to bolt hole, and ran into the same situation as you,
so I shortened it to 1-1/2" hole to hole after checking the the pan with it "floating" (no bracket at all) with the just leafs holding it in place,
that worked for me, but then I ran into other situations... the intake hose was kinked, and the brake cables were too tight!
(apparently I'm the only one that had a problem with my brake cables!)

Here are 2 threads about that... (click on the blue links)

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...ubcar-gas.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...-brackets.html

So... I have a couple of questions...
1) Did you flip your bracket upside down and then try to fit an extension?
and...
2) Is your intake hose kinked and binding? (if not... it might!)

Sorry for the "long windedness", but there's a bit more to it then "just" adding a bracket!

lockman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:49 AM   #3
mechchild
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 03 club car ds 6" lift, snubber question

Thanks for the reply!

I originally tried flipping the bracket and adding the extension but doesn't seem possible. So I reinstalled the bracket with it flipped. And it sits right in the middle. Which is good I suppose. When I check the snubber it's just floating between the top and bottom of the slot it sits in.

I have checked my brake lines and there is a decent amount of slack still. I have also checked the air hose which is not kinked at all. Maybe I'm just over thinking it all.

Thanks again for the reply!
mechchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car