lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2017, 08:40 PM   #1
Fereardon
Not Yet Wild

Question rear end cross reference

I currently have a 1998 Gas Club Cart Carryall that jumps out of reverse. I have found a 2013 Gas Club Cart carryall rear axle. I need to know if I can install a 2013 transaxle in my 1998 carryall. Can anyone tell me if these are compatible. Thanks Frank
Fereardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2017, 04:34 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: rear end cross reference

I believe they should be the same. But I'm not 100%.

You're sure the jumping out of gear isn't cable or linkage related? I'd try disconnecting the cable at the transaxle and putting it in gear. Then see if it still pops out of gear. Just something to try.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:56 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree that your ultimate answer is probably much simpler than replacing the rear end. I've had quite a few over the years that came to me for similar issues and it has always been cable / adjustment related. I've torn into a number of those rear ends for bearing and synchronizer issues, and even that was far easier & cheaper than swapping the rear end.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:40 AM   #4
Zahmd
Not Yet Wild

my cc is an xrt (which I realize is different) but the cause of my jumping out of gear was a loose bracket holding the lower part of the cable where it enters the transmission. Three bolts- triangular piece of metal- look near tranny- it was a three minute fix
Zahmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carryall parts
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car