lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2018, 08:08 PM   #1
Jamitchell
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 93 Club car blowing smoke

My 93 Club car started blowing clouds of white smoke and hesitating to the point of shutting down. I checked the oil level, it was high so I drained it and filled it to the proper level. After 1 min of running and up to temp, it began to smoke again. Do I have to pull the engine and rebuild it?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Jamitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2018, 04:10 PM   #2
caseys123
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 93 Club car blowing smoke

I have one that does the same thing, But it looks like nobody is responding. Mine dosent smoke at first but if you run it full throttle for about 5 min it starts blowing white smoke and seems to loose power like the belt is slipping.
caseys123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:32 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

There's a reed valve in the rocker cover on top of the motor that keeps oil out of the breather tube. Check the breather tube and the inlet of the carb for large amounts of oil. If there's alot of oil there, good chance the reed valve is bad. Replace it an OEM club car valve. The cheapos don't last. Probably will need to replace the rocker cover gasket when you take that off. They get brittle with age and don't seal properly if you try to re-use them.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:38 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Almost certainly flooding with gas. The give away is the high oil level. I'm betting that was part oil, part gas that washed past the rings. When the oil level gets too high it blows through the valve cover and through that breather tube into the inlet to the carburetor. It takes a minute or two of running to start pumping that gas/oil mix into the carb inlet. Once it does the exhaust will smoke worse than a mosquito fogger. Even once it's fixed it will have to run a while because of the still unburned part of that gas/oil mix sitting in the muffler.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car