lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #31
orangecart75
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New guy with lots of problems

yeah, it's already starting to fray. I guess I'll go back to the original belt and shim the clutch to see if that works. Thanks for looking at it.
orangecart75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #32
orangecart75
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

OK, I'm back again. Same ole cart, some new issues. I'll start with the updates.

I shimmed my clutch and went back to the stock belt. This thing is really peppy now! A lot better than before. I have to get it warmed up before it'll really start going good but it will run now and it does fair to moderate on the hill climbs. Nothing too steep but better than before.

My wife and I ran it around the block 4-5 times and everything was going well. My dad stopped by and I started to show him the new ride. I went 30' and it died So what now!!??

I checked and it looked like it wasn't getting fuel. My dad left and I decided I needed to look inside the fuel pump. I tore it down and everything looked great. I'm assuming the clear plastic discs are the diaphragms. No cracks or anything. I sprayed it down and cleaned it real good before I put it back together but it still won't pump fuel. What gives?

Is there a priming procedure I need to do to get this thing going? Please help I feel as if I'm near the end and ready to hand it back over, I just need to get the realiability up.

thanks.

edit: it has fuel in it but not a full tank. I'm not sure how much is in there but I assume about a gallon's worth.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:40 PM   #33
eadavis
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Have you replaced all your fuel lines I have not been following your thread but have heard of others have issues with the fuel lines being cracked or extremely soft
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:11 PM   #34
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

you need to prime it. take the filler cap off and wrap a rag around an air source and pressurize the tank. not too hard- then crank the engine. it will spin better with the plug out. might want to pull the line to the carb, then you will see when it is working. if it is.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #35
orangecart75
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I've checked the fuel lines and everything seems ok. The PO did use black rubber lines for the section that goes from the tank to the pump but it looks fine.

Everytime you run out of gas do you have to use this method? Is there an electric pump conversion? Also, I don't have an air source. Is there another way? Siphon?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:36 AM   #36
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

in total desperation, (before we read about the air pressure thing) we took a very small funnel, pulled the line loose up near the tank and poured gas in. it worked,but took a while. or how about your wifes turkey baster? fill it with gas and squirt it in. that should work. if you have a wife! can't imagine a single guy having one. how about a baby nose cleaner? it looks like a small baster. also be sure the pick up tube in the tank is still attached.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #37
orangecart75
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

well, I sat there and though about it and then I remebered I had a small hose I used to siphon the 50:1 gas out of the tank. I put it on top of the gas tank vent and blew through it. It seemed to work and pushed the gas up the carb

It runs good now once it gets warmed up. I understand that's the case for some folks on here. She's a bit sluggish on the giddy up and go but once I took it around the house a few times, she perked up. The only other thing I can think of is to change the plug and maybe try the GM HEI ignition.

I'm almost ready to turn it back over to the old man but I'm going to run it around a little more.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #38
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

good job! a little think, possibly with a brew in hand has solved a lot of problems.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO