lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2011, 10:34 PM   #1
Night
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default jumps into gear

My cart is all of a sudden getting a bad habit. When I change directions the cart jumps into gear. I sprayed the linkage on top of the gear box where the direction lever teeters from forward to reverse. Was doing great but now this bad habit is not good. Any ideas?

Mark
Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2011, 04:51 AM   #2
rocko
Gone Wild

Default Re: jumps into gear

I would have to guess you have a cable problem which could be as simple as an adjustment or the linkage is worn or loose , my Workhorse 350 shifter has a spring on the lever which really kinda locks it in either forward or reverse and it take a bit of effort to move it , did the spring maybe fall off or stretch out
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #3
Night
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: jumps into gear

It just about goes into gear. If I "snap" the lever it works. But if a move the lever it hovers. If you touch the "bar" when it is hovering, it will remove your finger tip. :) I tried to get a picture of it. But it is in a spot that doesn't lend its self to being photographed.

Mark
Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO