lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
FRATT70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Gas in the Air filter

Looking for some help, I have a 1995 ezgo workhorse with the 350 robins and I am having a hard time starting the cart. I have a new carb and a new k&n filter but the engine will not start with the filter on and with it off it will eventually start but gas comes out of the carb. If it runs for a while it will start up with the filter on. I have new spark plugs, spark plug wires. Any Ideas????
FRATT70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
FRATT70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gas in the Air filter

Good spark, gas still pooling in the filter. Could there be a problem with the exaust??
Old 06-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
FRATT70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Should have some time to work on it this weekend, I will check the compression and valves.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Do you still have the old carb?If so, slap it on and see what it does.You might check your float level on the new one and hit it with some carb cleaner and an air compressor after you remove every single piece that can be removed.When removing the adjustment/mixture screws, first tighten them until they lightly seat and count the turns.that way you can put them back the same way.

Also, check if your choke is stuck.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
FRATT70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The old carb was doing the same thing (shooting gas into the air filter)I tried everything to clean it out and I just figured the main jet was too clogged so I bought the new carb and the same thing is happening. So I guessed the old carb is probably still OK and something else is wrong.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
FRATT70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

choke is not stuck.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #7
garredondojr
Not Yet Wild

just a guess here but my money is on worn valves. do you have a compression tester? if your valves have zero lash it's typically a sign that the face of the valve has been pounded out. adjusting the valves back to .004" will sometimes get you back on the road but having the valves re ground/ replaced is the correct repair.
garredondojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #8
FRATT70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info, adjusted the valves, cleaned all the connections started up no problem. Had one valve loose and one tight, the other 2 were ok. Just have to say that that this is a great site and I appreciate all the info and help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO