lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #21
85.G3
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 1986 G3/G1 Rebuild questions/progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieN View Post
I would remove the pump, in reality you need to remove it when changing the seal so essentially you just do not put it back on.
Thanks Charlie, I called Don Plowman to order the Primary puller and asked him. He thought running the pump dry would eventually cause damage and recommended removing the drive gear for the pump. I really want to keep things as stock looking as possible and be able to restore the injection easily if I ever want to. I will see if I can just fill the hose with oil and loop the injector line back into the supply line so the pump stays lubed by recirculating the oil in the lines. Appreciate your help.
85.G3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #22
CharlieN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

With that in mind you might want to install a return line to the tank and leave a cup of oil in the system and just recirculate it. Might consider having it return to where the tank vents to the transmission.
CharlieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #23
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Sorry I didn't reply to your earlier questions. Can I ask why your eliminating the auto oil injection system?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #24
85.G3
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Charlie... I really like that idea

Small Block ...... I will only run a few gallons a year so mixing is no hassle, I also think it is more accurate, I would like to run a leaner mix of synthetic (say 85:1 Amsoil or Golden Spectrol) and Don at Plowmans recommended it. Do you prefer the injection with conventional oils?
Old 04-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #25
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85.G3 View Post
Charlie... I really like that idea

Small Block ...... I will only run a few gallons a year so mixing is no hassle, I also think it is more accurate, I would like to run a leaner mix of synthetic (say 85:1 Amsoil or Golden Spectrol) and Don at Plowmans recommended it. Do you prefer the injection with conventional oils?
Great question, I don't have an awnser. If Plowmans (Don) recomends it, I'm shure it will work with the recommondations, I've heard great things about him. What the "autolube/yamalube" system does is increase or decrease the oil injected from the rpm the engine is running at witch is controlled by exhuast pressure thru the "jet sensor" in the muffler. When at full rpm the mixture would be 150 to 1. I have no recommondation for pre mix. I will say, the old Harley's said on the gas cap (1 1/2 oz per gallon) and the smoked and fowled plugs, went to 1 oz per gallon, ran fine and didn't smoke so much. Remember, with any 2 cycle, the oil is for lubrication and can not be "burnt", it will get into the muffler, and plug it with the carbon, creating more back pressure problems. That's why members "burn out" there muffler's. I'm shure you'll make the decision that's right for your G3
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #26
85.G3
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks SB ..... I am installing Plowmans top end, pipe and jetting. Don recommended 1.5 or 2 gallons premix at 2 oz per gallon (50:1) conventional oil for breakin then switching to synthetic 1.5 oz per gallon (which I incorrectly calculated to be 66:1 but the attached calculator says 85:1). I told him I was thinking Golden Spectrol or Amsoil, he seemed ok with either but I think he liked Amsoil. Back when we rode 2 stroke MX bikes some were racing Amsoil synthetic at 100:1. I used Spectrol at 50:1 then and the silencers would plug up with oil but I had protection and not much smoke. Bottom line is I just feel better mixing my own synthetic at 85:1 for now. I will leave the injection in place so I have the option to go back.

http://www.csgnetwork.com/oilfuelcalc.html
Old 04-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #27
yamarancher
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I premix 85-1 amsoil. I don't need any headaches ! Works great & I know it.
yamarancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #28
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

85:1 here, any good synthetic air cooled oil should work nicely. Also don't forget about the "fuel conditioner" that is used to neutralize the ethanol. I've heard that this makes a big difference.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #29
85.G3
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks guys. I am going Amsoil 85:1 after break in. Got the primary puller yesterday and changed the seal. After seeing how easy it is to access the fuel pump drive I will just leave the plastic gear out to disable the oil pump and save the parts. Today I will give the motor a good clean then tear down the top end. Should be putting this back together today and running tomorrow. Once broke in I will bypass the Governor and see what it does at WOT
Old 05-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #30
85.G3
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Back up and running. Did several warm ups and cool downs with wheels up then some flat ground. Then ran up some steep drives that were bogging me down before and the Plowmans clutch worked great, the cart slowed and the RPMs went up and stayed on the governor. After 2 gallons of Yama oil at 50:1 I will go to Amsoil at 85:1 and bypass the Governor. What a difference when everything is working as it should. The dogs are not going to keep up. Soon I will start some bodywork and try to figure out some kind of paint scheme. Thanks for your help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha