lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #31
johnray13
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G9A overhaul project

The light bar is new. Lots to choose from on ebay. I wanted to mount it on the most rigid part of the cart so to avoid the strobe light effect on bouncy terrain.

I got a 34" which fit nicely across the front. I also didn't want to exceed the limit of the generator output which is about 210 watts. This one is rated at 180 watts.

After a few extended night rides I should know if I over did it.

I'll post a night shot with the light on. It is crazy bright (about 14,000 lumens). And is much, much brighter than the high beams on my truck
johnray13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2014, 11:15 PM   #32
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

sounds awesome can't wait for the pics we are campers also and love to go for the night rides!
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:01 AM   #33
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

John, nice job. Very tastefully done. Love the front push bar/winch mount. Is that a Badlands winch? If so, does it work well?
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:59 PM   #34
johnray13
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Is Badlands the HF brands? I think I got this at Northern Tool for about $60. It is rated at 2000 lbs. I bought this when I built my chimney to use as a hoist for lifting up bricks, block and mortar. Since the 12v winches were so much cheaper than the 120 volt models, I just put a marine battery up on the scaffold with it and recharged it every night.

I used it continually for several months lifting 500 pound loads all day long (yes, I know you're not supposed to lift with a winch but I also have been know to run with scissors). Even after a day of heavy use, it never got hot or came close to draining the battery. It still sounds good.

I use the winch to pull the cart up ramp boards into the back of my truck which is way better than driving it up. I have also pulled the cart out of a few ditches with it (that was with the old, bald tires)

john
johnray13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #35
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Yes, that's the winch I was looking at online. $60.00 is cheap for a decent winch! I'm looking at the one that has the remote to run it. Sounds like its done you good!
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #36
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

That turned out fantastic.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:25 PM   #37
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Great job on the G9. Nice body work.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha