lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #11
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: No spark on my g1 need help please help me!!!!

does it matter if the starter is connected? everything is connected except for the starter.... and should i use a voltage regulator or multimeter to test the ignition switch and what not?
g1uncman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #12
CharlieN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

To check for spark do not worry about the switches at this time, just disconnect the black-white wire at the CDI unit and spin the engine over.
If you can spin the engine with jumper do so.

If you find you have spark with the B-W wire disconnected then see if you have spark with it connected and the key switch on.
I would suggest lifting the metal panel under the pedals and disconnecting either the black or the black-white wire from the throttle switch. Under the rubber mat if that has not been lifted off yet.
This eliminates the throttle switch from the ignition and makes work on the cart much easier.

A multimeter is by far the best tool for what you are working with.
CharlieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #13
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

ok just noticed the ignition switch at the harness the one that the 6 wires plug in, the red wire was broke off, i dont know what that red wire is, but i have been trying to get power ect without that red wire connected???? what is that red wire on the ignition switch
????
Old 06-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #14
CharlieN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The red wire at the switch is inconsequential and can be left off unless you want the backup alarm. That is all it is for.
You do not want it contacting anything though since that is direct power from the battery but is protected by the main fuse.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #15
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

ok I had everything hooked up, and turned the key both ways, used the light tester to see if I had power in places that were not grounded. The light didn't light up where the solenoids were bridged, and lit up on all 4 wires at the back of the solenoids, and didn't light up on the bridge. It lit up when touching all the relays on the starter, and the inside of the starter. I want to try and jump it again, but my starter clicker isn't working bc it got burn up... any other ideas to try and get the starter to spin?
Old 06-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #16
CharlieN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The first step is do you hear the solenoids on the rear fender click when trying to crank?
Presuming the answer is no,
There are 3 components plus the fuse in the red wire you need to check.
On earlier G1 there are just two components since the later ones have added a relay that carries the current that went through the throttle switch on the early cars.
1st, check you have electricity on the red-white wire at both the throttle switch and the relay.
2nd, when you open the throttle slightly there should be a slight click as the switch closes, when it closes you should have power on the white wire from the throttle switch to the relay. Also check that the black wire from the relay has continuity to ground.
When power is on the white wire the relay should close, this should be audible. The closing of the relay will send power on another white wire up to the 6 pin plug on the key switch.
3rd, with the key on in either for or rev and power is on the white wire you will power out of the 4 pin plug on the red-white that goes to the charge system and either the yellow or blue depending on direction selected.
The yellow and blue are the power to close the solenoids on the rear fender.

Keep in mind without the throttle depressed there will be no power at the key switch.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #17
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok guys heres the deal! I disconnected the black and white wires at both the pedal and the cdi and turned the key to forward and took a screw driver and she crank right up!!! I just cannot get the right idol!!!! The throttle cord isnt short enough or something bc i cant get the throttle to move far enough and then go back into idol position!Any ideas? It sounds like she has been rebuild that motor sounds angry! I was told it was! Ok how do I go about putting oil directly into engine???
Old 06-17-2013, 05:33 AM   #18
CharlieN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The idle issue could be a fuel issue.
With 2 stroke engines the oil does not go into the engine itself. The oil goes into the rear left tank.
I would reconnect the B/W wire right at the CDI allowing the key switch to shut the engine down.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #19
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yes I can turn it off with the key with the with the black and white cord disconnected. I just cannot push the pedal can get it to crank! I don't like hitting the solenoids with a screw driver to start it I feel like I am messing them up. I want to be able to use the key!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #20
CharlieN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If you use a jumper wire and apply power to either the blue or yellow wire on the solenoids will it crank over?

Tags
ignition coil, relay, spark, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha