lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #11
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 32 MPH Yamaha gas g29!!

Following your calculation and your idea, that should give you 15% more speed. But again, that won't happen given such factors like resistance, drag, weight, etc. Your calculation is simply theoretical as I have arrived at your calculated speed also using a small calculator. Maybe you were driving downhill and with the wind! Anyway, I respect your opinion and let's rest it at that.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
85.G3
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Things like wind and weight would affect the top RPM but the math should still work with the correct RPM
85.G3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #13
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85.G3 View Post
Things like wind and weight would affect the top RPM but the math should still work with the correct RPM

You are right. The math. But not the actual. Unless you are running inside a vacuum and no weight.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #14
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

This reminds me of the formulas we used to use to calculate boat speed by taking drive ratio, prop pitch, and RPM, and factoring in prop slip. The thing is, the math does work, but it usually gives optimistic results, typical actual numbers tend to be a little less, because we can't always account for unknown variables. But that formula will give you a general idea of what you can expect.

Interesting that when I plug the numbers for my cart in there, it comes up with 20.9 MPH which is exactly what I radar'ed mine at. So it's a pretty close guide. Redoing it to give the top speed for the 22" tires I eventually want to upgrade to, jumps the speed up to 25.6 MPH. So now I have a good idea what to expect...... Cool.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #15
CutlerBaysFinesT
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by worqhors View Post
Following your calculation and your idea, that should give you 15% more speed. But again, that won't happen given such factors like resistance, drag, weight, etc. Your calculation is simply theoretical as I have arrived at your calculated speed also using a small calculator. Maybe you were driving downhill and with the wind! Anyway, I respect your opinion and let's rest it at that.
I won't let it rest. I'm gonna say it again. UR WRONG! And it's not my opinion either it's factual evidence! Please do me a favor and stop replying to my thread. If u have something helpful then fine. But not to keep coming back with some b.s that in UR opinion is correct. That's the difference between me and u. I make sure I know what I'm talking about before I post it!
CutlerBaysFinesT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:09 AM   #16
CutlerBaysFinesT
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=SandbaggerYDRA;899620]This reminds me of the formulas we used to use to calculate boat speed by taking drive ratio, prop pitch, and RPM, and factoring in prop slip. The thing is, the math does work, but it usually gives optimistic results, typical actual numbers tend to be a little less, because we can't always account for unknown variables. But that formula will give you a general idea of what you can expect.

Interesting that when I plug the numbers for my cart in there, it comes up with 20.9 MPH which is exactly what I radar'ed mine at. So it's a pretty close guide. Redoing it to give the top speed for the 22" tires I eventually want to upgrade to, jumps the speed up to 25.6 MPH. So now I have a good idea what to expect......

Nice! Good for u! I don't know why these other guys don't believe that it works..
All u have to do us try it for urself!
CutlerBaysFinesT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #17
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Go back to school. That's Physics 101.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #18
mark293
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Same set up in my "Drive" except I have 14" wheels on lo-pros. I gps'd at 29-30 but I weigh 220lbs.
mark293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #19
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

All I can say is, with a 9" lift, I sure am glad I CAN'T do 32 mph!!! Stating to need a helmet for those speeds on a golf cart!!!
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha