lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha g1 drive belt width???

Ok so I have a g1 i think 82 or 83 and I cannot get this thing to drive at a normal speed. It takes a bit to get up and go! Sometimes doesnt even move, but on the road it will run fine. It does not go up a hill, it will stop and just try to get power to move it. I measured the belt width and mine was 27.3 millimeters wide? Would that be effecting my cart?????
g1uncman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha g1 drive belt width???

A new belt will be 1 3/16 wide. Replace when it is worn to 1 inch. You need to make sure your clutches are functioning properly.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

25.4mm is one inch. You have a problem with the clutches they are not working right. On grass a G1 will spin up a hill before it runs out of power (stock). Also check motor mounts. Unless the engine has a big problem because the cvt (clutches) react to engine power so if it makes less power they are not calibrated to work right, they think it is at part throttle. Is the belt at the top of the secondary (rear clutch) at rest? Is it low in the primary on engine? Should be able to push the belt down maybe 2" at rest (the slack in belt).
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Question Re: Yamaha g1 drive belt width???

Yes the belt is at high position (drive clutch) and the other one is at low position and they do move in and out and up and down! I have spare parts idk how to tell if its bad(pulley)
Old 06-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Difficult with a G1, but note the cvt will not act the same with no load on it. The clutches may not shift right with a load (driving it not jacked up).

What does the engine do, does it bog at low rpm when you take off? Does it ever rev higher? It should run at the same rpm approx for a given throttle, until it shifts all the way then rpm climb if you go faster as there is no more 'higher gear' to shift to. Stock carts will take off at low rpm to be smooth but at wot they will rev once they get moving maybe 5mph.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yeah it bogs as I start to try and go in reverse or forward sometimes if I'm sitting on level ground it takes a while to even get a slow roll... Constantly pumping the accelerator then it will take off like no other in reverse! Forward the same way if I'm on a downward slope! Sometimes if I am going up a hill it will just big down like there is rope attached to the back it reminds me of a tractor at a tractor pull when it reaches the pull capacity! It just stops! Not even high Rpms just slowwwww and then stops! When i drive it a bit and get it good and going it will be fine!

Tags
drive belt, drive clutch, yamaha g1 gas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha