lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
HogSmoke
Getting Wild

Default Getting Ready for G2A project

Let me start for saying thank U for all that contribute to this forum. I've been reading up the past several days and have found some great information. I have inherited my Granddads old G2 and plan on getting her fixed up. I have minimal knowledge of small engines or carts, but nothing ever stops me from a fun project. I first have to get it running. My Dad and brother brought it to their house when it quit running. They changed spark and battery, but I feel it's an electric problem of some sort. Once I get it to my place, I plan on checking all leads with volt monitor. Once I get it running I plan on doing several things. My plan is for neighborhood/deercamp cart, So I have a few questions for y'all if you will.

1. When it was running, the low end start up was very slow and struggled climbing hills. Looks like a power kit and carb jet are the way to go?

2. A lift and new tires are a must. I've looked at multiple product, and I'm stuck. What are some good quality, yet great priced lifts/tires?

3. I'm sure my wife will want a back bench seat, but I'm not seeing options for G2's?

These are just for starting out. Not sure where my budget will take me yet, but looks like I can accomplish most of this. A Camo wrap will be in there as well but thanks to this forum, I've found great info on that. What are the best places to purchase the items? I'm sure there are sponsors for this site. I know I've loaded this thread with too many questions, but any input will be greatly appreciated! Thanks y'all, and I'll post pics when the G2 gets here. Can't wait
HogSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Getting Ready for G2A project

Read everything on here that you can. Do the normal maintenance and get it running well before you change stuff out. Lots of options on tires and lifts. G2 and G9 are the same, more or less...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
HogSmoke
Getting Wild

Answered my own question on where to buy accessories/parts when I just found the sponsors page. Thanks for reply Dave
Old 11-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Not much around for rear seat kit. For the lacking power issue, clutch work is in order, especially if a lift and big tires are in your future. My G2 motor is stock, but i did some clutch work, and it pulls good up any reasonable hill i throw at it. I can suggest some parts that are reasonably priced to get your clutches in shape. once you get it fired up, check and grease (1 pump of grease) the fittings on both clutches, if the rear has no fitting (some didn't) that will need to be addressed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #5
HogSmoke
Getting Wild

Sure tech, what parts?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha