lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #11
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Default Re: no spark and out of ideas

still having problems with this **** thing
CustomGolfCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2017, 07:23 AM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You have probably already looked at this but http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/605586.pdf

Around page 124-5

Did you make sure the coil is getting power?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:12 AM   #13
oachs83
Not Yet Wild

Not sure if this old trick helps but it works with most things that have a coil and I have personally done this method. Take a long enough wire lead go from the positive of the battery to the positive of the coil. This will send power to your coil and bypasses all ignition etc and if she fires up work backwards to why no power to the coil. It sounds like everything has been replaced besides the pulsar and actual ignition itself. Look into the ignition for good connections and also the starter solenoid. Use your continuity tester to ensure no breaks in any wires that supply power to the coil and it lights up EVERYWHERE from turning the key to the coil. After all that and the most frustrating part that has happened to me is being sold a brand new part that is defective. You pull your hair out and spend hours on testing wires and it turns out to be a bad part. It is not common but does happen so don't rule that out.
oachs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 01:03 PM   #14
eridgeway
Not Yet Wild

Did you ever figure out the problem? We are having the same issue with ours. Have done everything we can possibly think of. Check/cleaned all grounds, new igniter and coil. ohm on pulsar is good.....
eridgeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 11:18 PM   #15
DRobert1968
Not Yet Wild

My first thought would be, is the key switch functioning properly?
DRobert1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 12:46 AM   #16
wicked872
Getting Wild
Yamaha

check the green wire by the forward and reverse switch, it connects two wires to one, when it corrodes off you will have no spark.
wicked872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 10:17 AM   #17
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked872 View Post
check the green wire by the forward and reverse switch, it connects two wires to one, when it corrodes off you will have no spark.
That green wire next to forward reverse lever will not stop engine from firing. If it breaks because of corrosion it will just stop it from turning over when you push gas pedal. That wire feeds the backup alarm the best I remember. I just cut and tie them together until I get the cart back where I can work on it.
This is from older post. Better to start new one I would think if you are having firing issues.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:19 PM   #18
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Have a friend that has this same cart and it has always had issues with intermittent no spark. He replaced all these same parts. I finally found it to be a bad connection in the molex plug connector in the wiring going to one of the components. Possibly to the ignitor or coil. It was on the left side close to the battery.
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO