lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2019, 11:24 PM   #1
CubmasterJosh
Not Yet Wild

Default Stuck rear end castle nut solution

Just thought I'd share my solution for removing the castle nuts on a rear end with no brake action.

My search found impact being the general recommendation but this worked fine for me without need of an impact.

This axle is from a project cart and had been sitting outside getting rusty for quite a while.

I was a bit worried about what I'd find in here but really it all looks pretty good with the hub removed.

I cut a notch in the end of a piece of square tubing and drilled a half in hole so I could mount it to the hub with a lug nut. Put a second lug on to protect the threads.

Used a crescent wrench with a cheater bar for leverage and broke them loose without fuss.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190224_225308.jpg (168.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190224_225337.jpg (182.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190224_225443.jpg (234.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190224_225542.jpg (145.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190224_230122.jpg (163.8 KB, 0 views)
CubmasterJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2019, 08:36 AM   #2
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Default Re: Stuck rear end castle nut solution

Nice - my go-to is a tire iron between studs and hub, but could potentially damage stud threads. Recently broke down and bought a HF 1/2” impact to do the timing belt in our car. For some reason my 40+ year old, yard sale Matco just wasn’t up to it! Parts are hard to locate, and the HF had good reviews, and was cheaper.
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO