lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #21
letmeseepics
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Problems with converting 36 volt cart to 48 volt NEED HELP

I'm using a standard 48v CC charger.

Heres some close up pics. I'm pretty sure all the colors are correct, except the one going from the controller to the motor, which is supposed to be black but I have it as blue, bc the black wire wasn't long enough.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

letmeseepics is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #22
letmeseepics
Not Yet Wild

ttt
Old 06-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #23
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

ok sorry but those are way to big......about 2x the size as the 1st set would be nice if you can............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #24
letmeseepics
Not Yet Wild

Sorry about that, didn't even realize how big they were....(forgot to preview post)

heres new ones

And once again, the blue wire going to the motor should be black, but it wasnt long enough so i used blue instead
Old 06-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #25
letmeseepics
Not Yet Wild

Anyone wanna help out I wanna get this thing running ASAP!! Need the garage back lol
Old 06-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #26
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

does it do anything right now? soleniod click? i,m really trying here but this thing is a mess right now...........1st are you 100% certain your dealing with a good battery pack......i don,t care how new they are have you tested them to confirm they are good test voltage than at least load test them so we know we have enough to work with...........2nd i take it you got all used parts for the conversion? are you sure the OBC is good? how about the soleniod did you test it and the F&R with everything just thrown about there this isn,t easy but it looks like the soleniod might be wired wrong it looks like a wire or two missing also i can,t see where that blue wire from the motor is going to.......as far as charging how are you going about that? if batteries have voltage for what its worth jack the rear end up jump the large post on soleniod turn key on put in gear and step on peddle see if it does anything.................................
Old 06-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #27
letmeseepics
Not Yet Wild

The battery pack is fine, so are all the parts. They were bought used, off my buddys cart which was totalled. The cart ran fine before we stripped it, I even tested it and drove it around for a sec (although impossible to steer since the whole front end was bent and screwed up)

The soleniod is clicking when the gas is pressed, but the cart wont move. The soleniod has 5 wires in it, one red small/ one fat red on one post (+), then a fat yellow on the other (-), then on the small thingys terminal thing I have a skinny red and skinny yellow, lined up with the fat ones (yellow with yellow, red with red)

.The blue wire from the motor is going to the gear shifter.

Batterys are reading 49.1, but Ive ridden the cart with the exact same parts before it was wrecked, and it was fine good battery run time and no problems at all.

thanks so much for trying shadow man i appriciate it, it would be great to get this thing running today!
Old 06-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #28
letmeseepics
Not Yet Wild

ttt any help greatly apriciated
Old 06-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #29
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

on the soleniod where the small yellow wire is run a jumper from that post to the neg. terminal of #6 battery......same place where the cable from the OBC is connected.....run that jumper see if cart runs...........
Old 06-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #30
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

The soleniod is clicking when the gas is pressed, but the cart wont move. The soleniod has 5 wires in it, one red small/ one fat red on one post (+), then a fat yellow on the other (-), then on the small thingys terminal thing I have a skinny red and skinny yellow, lined up with the fat ones (yellow with yellow, red with red)
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car