lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
BoostedOne
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default BoostedOne's Medalist Project

Hey guys, figured I would post up some pics of my project. Its a 94 or 95 Medalist with a 295. Picked it up off Craigslist on Monday or Tuesday night for 300. Supposedly it had no compression and the engine was bad. It has a roof, but I still need to go pick it up.

Anyhow, here it is in the back of my truck...

Its got a beat up front cowl. The rear panels arent bad except for a few dings and the wheel arch trim is shot.

Ended up doing a compression check, found 180psi per hole. Plugs were shot, and the carb needed cleaned since it was overflowing the bowl.

Got it over to the shop....

We cleaned the carb, changed the plugs, drained out 3 quarts of oil and replaced with 1.5 quarts. Got her running right away, but would only run if it was choked and smokes real bad. Ordered a carb rebuild kit from East Coast Custom Carts on Thursday, and it got here Friday. Also on Friday, I got a new front Cowl, carbon fiber dash cover, some 22x11x8 tires and wheels from Edgewater Custom Carts in Orlando. If anyone needs a new TXT cowl, give these guys a call. The cowl was 145 and fit PERFECT.

Dont have any pics of it right now. But went over today and rebuilt the carb, and adjusted the valves. The thing runs PERFECT, but it still smokes under load so, Im thinkin it probably needs rings despite the good compression numbers. Also, when I took the rockers off to test fit the new cowl, I found the outer frame rails rotted in the front. Tomorrow a buddy and I may get at it and replace the bad sections of the outer frame rails.

Im looking forward to getting paint on it. I plan to paint it Viper Blue using DuPont Chroma Base, with PPG clear. Then go with a creme colored seat.

Not looking to get extreme with it. I have too many other projects to get hardcore on this thing. Just want something fun to take to the RV parks when I meet up with friends, and to take out to the mudding events so I dont have to drive the truck everywhere.
BoostedOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides