lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2017, 01:40 PM   #1
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default G29 YDRE info

At work here they have a lead on a 2013 Yamaha Drive G29 YDRE cart for a great price (I don't have the amount) and they asked me about it. I have zero experience with any Yamaha carts. Was wondering if anyone can give me the rundown on configuration, speeds, and upgrade path. I can talk EZ-Go all day, but I'm a total noob on the Yami's. Thanx.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2017, 02:20 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 YDRE info

'13 should be a DC motor cart. Does "golf course" speeds stock 12mph. Can be upgraded to 19mph with speed code only from Yamaha dealer. Was available from the factory with all three battery configurations (12s, 8s, and 6s).12v cars can easily be converted to 8v batteries, 8v cars can be easily converted to 6v batteries, but not so easy to go from 12v to 6v due to tray configuration. If speeds above 19mph are needed, a controller & motor upgrade is $ best spent. Has great suspension, and the more batteries it has, the smoother it rides.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 07:46 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

What cgtech said Team transaxle with brake internal....if any "pulsating" when brakes applied, time for a lube change and friction modifier additive. Also check the axle hub nuts for tightness.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:35 AM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Thank you gentlemen. I would assume this is a Sepex motor since it accepts speed upgrades via software. The brakes are inside the diff? Or am I reading that wrong? Also, they want a flip down rear seat for passengers/cargo. Do these exist for this cart?
Old 03-04-2017, 07:45 AM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Yep, the brakes are internal. The pic is the Team gas rear and a brake set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg teamrearend-3.jpg (359.2 KB, 0 views)
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:29 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

All 48v Yamaha were sepex (until the new Ac cart came out). And all 36v Yamaha were series.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:22 AM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Ok, so it's 48vdc, Sepex motor, has wet brakes in the diff, and could have 3 different battery layouts.

Are the brakes cable operated or hydraulic?

I assume it has regenerative braking also. Can this feature be defeated or adjusted?

Any weak points on these carts?
Old 03-04-2017, 11:58 AM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Ok, so it's 48vdc, Sepex motor, has wet brakes in the diff, and could have 3 different battery layouts.

Are the brakes cable operated or hydraulic?- single cable

I assume it has regenerative braking also. Can this feature be defeated or adjusted?- Yes, anti run away and regenitive braking.

Any weak points on these carts?
- With a rear seat/ box on back, the carrying extra passengers or heavy cargo can show how extremly lite the fron end is. Yes, rear facing seats/cargo box kits are readily available.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #9
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

PTV speed code upgrade is only available from a Yamaha dealer. It reprogram's the controller to start regen up to 19 mph. I have had good luck with the Alltrax 300 amp controller with the stock motor. More torque/ faster acceleration and up to 22 mph....except for the car I have had in the shop for a week and a half...even with tech support...only 18 mph Good luck Gman!
Old 03-04-2017, 12:54 PM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

Add a 4 pass kit with some extra people, and you will notice how anemic the stock controller was for anything bigger than golf. Regen braking can be adjusted to nearly zero by the dealer, or higher if desired. Anti-rollaway feature can't be adjusted (except by unplugging the tach sensor, which makes driving act funny sometimes).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha