lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2017, 03:38 PM   #1
PapaBaker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default The Elite Dash for the Drive is Terrible

I guess I was expecting a lot more for the high price.

1) The plastic they used is crazy thin.

2) The locks on the 2 speaker doors are worthless. You cant tell when its
locked or unlocked b/c the key will just keep rotating.

3) The hole for a radio is super flimsy. If you put any pressure on it then it will collapse.

4) The cup holders are too easy to remove so if you hit a bump or have a large cup they might slide out.

5) And this is the most important....The things vibrates like crazy. It comes in 3 pcs. The first pc is a long portion that goes over your steering wheel and has the speaker doors that cover up your original dash. This piece is solid b/c it takes 4 rivets and like 6 screws to install. The other 2 pcs (the radio housing and the cup holder tower) are only held together with 1 screw each.
After the install I took a quick ride around the block and was shocked. It vibrated so hard that it fell apart and my cart rides smooth. There's no support to hold it together. I drilled 3 holes and installed rivets on the radio housing so now thats secure but I'm running out of ideas on the cup holder tower.

Another issue is radio housing starts to go concave the more you tighten the screw that holds the cup holder tower to the radio housing.
PapaBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2017, 07:23 PM   #2
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: The Elite Dash for the Drive is Terrible

Hey are you talking about the dash made in Virginia !

I was thinking about ordering one. There like $180 for my TXT

Was looking at their factory seconds on E-BAY much cheaper. But if they are that bad is not a good deal at any price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_1.jpg (16.8 KB, 0 views)
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:02 AM   #3
PapaBaker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead1956 View Post
Hey are you talking about the dash made in Virginia !

I was thinking about ordering one. There like $180 for my TXT

Was looking at their factory seconds on E-BAY much cheaper. But if they are that bad is not a good deal at any price.
Yeah, its made in VA by VIP GOLF CARS. Here's the pic of the one I have. The Yamaha dash kits are way different then the other carts. They other kits may be more solid since they dont pile on as high.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg elite dash111.jpg (32.9 KB, 0 views)
PapaBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:44 AM   #4
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks, From what I see on E-bay they are not offering that dash? Maybe it was a issue with them?

Is there anyway to reinforce it to make it better??

I like the look! But I don't want a piece of junk!

Their sell feedback is 100% with 1325 sold. You can get a factory 2nd for $40-$100 just depends on the bidders.

Anyone out there with one of these dashes on an EZGO?
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha