lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
webn237
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G22 secondary clutch clocking

I was wondering what the A, B, C and 1,2,3,4 settings all ment on the secondary clutch. I was told to clock mine at b1 so thats what i did.

Im just curious what the other numbers and letters ment?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
webn237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2018, 12:26 PM   #2
nas
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: G22 secondary clutch clocking

From what I understand you can change your torque and or top speed by using different combos. Ive tried a few combos with a stock g16A and the few I tried opened the secondary to fast so I lost all power up hill. On the flat ground it got up to top speed a bit quicker. I too would like to see this explained.
nas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:52 PM   #3
webn237
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas View Post
From what I understand you can change your torque and or top speed by using different combos. Ive tried a few combos with a stock g16A and the few I tried opened the secondary to fast so I lost all power up hill. On the flat ground it got up to top speed a bit quicker. I too would like to see this explained.
I have a diesel in my cart now so it has a lot of torque already. So I'm not sure what b1 setting is so i guess i will find out lol

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
webn237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:57 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Pre tension changes how it backshifts mostly. More wind puts more pressure on the ramps to downshift, it will downshift sooner and faster. It will shift out slower gaining speed.

More wind= higher rpm at steady speeds (before full shift) that means more noise and fuel use but better response if you gas on it.

Less wind= less rpm when cruising along steady speed, less fuel, less noise, its boggy for a bit if you step on it hard and the response is slow to rev up.

Your WOT rpm should not change much if you change this, part throttle rpm (at steady speed) will change. How well it revs up when you gas it hard will change but it should still eventually rev up to get up a hill for example if you set the tension very light. Set it very tight and it will stay at high rpm all the time and never run at lower rpm. So generally trail riders want this higher and road riders like it at or near stock settings that usually shift out a lot for lower rpm at cruise.

A lower rpm high torque engine you would usually keep the tension low so the engine can work at lower rpm it is good with. A higher revving engine you would want it higher so the engine stays at higher rpm all the time where its power is.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha