lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2018, 08:30 AM   #1
richiegraddy
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 Club Car Gas Just Clicks

Thanks guys I'm new.Had cart about 6 months,has always been a little sluggish to go with pedal,will have to mash slowly few times then finally engages..Battery was bad replaced that worked a little better,but still,not great.Now just clicks at solenoid won't go,so ordered new solenoid put on Yday..same thing,I have 12.4 volts on 3 of the 4 terminals on solenoid.all connections appear to be ok and tight any ideas thanks in advance....
richiegraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2018, 08:47 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 1999 Club Car Gas Just Clicks

1st, try jumper wires from your battery directly to your solenoid, that will determine if you have any bad connections on the start circuit of the system. then I would look at your cables. you can have a volt reading of 12.4 at your solenoid but a loose or corroded cable will choke the amps needed to energize your solenoid and or turn your starter. try using a set of jumper cables to troubleshoot. connect the ground cable to the neg battery and the engine block, if it spins you have a bed ground cable or connection. then attatch the pos cable to the pos battery and pos side of the solenoid if it works then you have a bad positive cable or connection.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:20 AM   #3
raenglehart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I'd like to add:
If those jumper tests don't do anything, most likely it's worn brushes in the S/G. Very easy to replace and not pricy either. Takes about 10 minutes once you have the S/G removed. Tons of "how to" YouTube videos out there on D/G rebuild.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
raenglehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:40 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by raenglehart View Post
I'd like to add:
If those jumper tests don't do anything, most likely it's worn brushes in the S/G. Very easy to replace and not pricy either. Takes about 10 minutes once you have the S/G removed. Tons of "how to" YouTube videos out there on D/G rebuild.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
I was going to say the same thing.

look at the starter/generator. there's little black rubber caps on it. remove one of them and look at the brush. it should sit above the holder. if it is flush with the holder or recessed into it, it's time to replace them. not hard at all to do, and about $30 in parts.

I have a 2000 Carryall the S/G was acting funny. brushes are worn, but not THAT worn so i blew all the dust out of it with compressed air. didn't even remove it, just pulled one of the black covers, stuck in an air tip and pulled the trigger. HUGE cloud of dust came out of it and now it works perfectly. So that may be worth a try as well. At least get you by until you can order a set of brushes :)

CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:25 AM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

The first part of the original post sounded just like tired brushes/armature in the SG but after stating replaced the battery and it worked a little better leads me to believe it is a amp restriction issue. clicking solenoid has nothing to do with the condition of the SG. Keep us posted
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car