lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
30-A rider
Getting Wild

Default Tire size recommnedations please

Need some input guys.

2003 CC 48V. Has a Ge Bad boy high speed motor, 700 amp controller, HD cables, and HD switch. Cart does fine on flat pavement clocked at 23 mph and my Trojans are 5 years old and a little tired. Plan this fall is to send out motor to have rewound. Have been told reasonable expectations will be 5-10mph grain median being 7 mph.

Plan to lift with 8" A arm kit, put on 12" wheels and new tires. Cart is registered as LSV and street legal. It sees nothing but pavement so I plan to go with what has been labeled a General Purpose tire. Has a Chevron pattern is not aggressive and is typically what you would seen on a riding lawn tractor and is golf course approved. Tire should be good on the street.

Sizes are the question: Im looking at 23x10.50-12
24x13 -12
26x12 -12

I like the idea of the 26" tires but worry they will be too heavy and large?

Next idea is to use the 24" tires on the rear and the 23' tires on the front

Looking for some insight. Again, cart is for street use only so torque isnt main concern, but I dont want to create such a load that Im going to be heating up anything. Im sure there is a size that is gonna give best all around perfromnace so please all informed opinions are very welcome!

Thanks in advance for any replies

Scott
30-A rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
Loud & Lifted
Here for the beer

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tire size recommnedations please

24's probaly your best bet
Loud & Lifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car