lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2019, 01:12 PM   #1
CMAC08
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2014 Yamaha Drive EFI Havoc 6” lift....problems

So this is my first post so please be patient with me. I’m also new to the golf cart world. I just had a 2014 Yamaha Efi Havoc cart built which appearance wise turned out amazing!! Although, we’re using it in the neighborhood and if we are above 8mph we would need a 4 lane interstate to keep it in the road. The steering with any adjustment will almost put you in the ditch! On top of that I constantly hear a almost rubbing noise coming from the back of the cart. After searching for two days I still can’t find the noise. Nothing at all appears to be rubbing and after some research I noticed my rain tubes weren’t secured to the frame. I hopefully secured them without any luck of muting the noise! They installed a 6” a-arm all sports lift with 23x10x14 size tires/rims. They seem to have plenty of clearance even when running. I’ve also lost two lug nuts during these couple of days driving. I tighten everything back down and still have the same luck! Any advice would greatly be appreciated
CMAC08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2019, 02:14 PM   #2
The Big Weezy
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2014 Yamaha Drive EFI Havoc 6” lift....problems

Can you get a picture a little further back from the front of the cart? Looks like there is a wheel alignment issue.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
The Big Weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:12 PM   #3
CMAC08
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Here are a few that are further back.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:35 PM   #4
The Big Weezy
Getting Wild
Club Car

Still difficult to tell for certain. I suspect it is and sounds like steering geometry issues.

Old 04-14-2019, 03:38 PM   #5
The Big Weezy
Getting Wild
Club Car

Not sure on the rubbing noise. Could be wrong wheel offset. Loose lugs could be improper torque or incorrect bolt pattern. Metric cart wheel bolt patterns are slightly different than domestic built carts.

Old 04-14-2019, 03:43 PM   #6
CMAC08
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yeah I’ve read some stuff on the two different bolt patterns. I’ve heard that the wrong bits will still thread on there but just come off... which is happening to me.
What do you mean by the steering geometry issue? I noticed that the wheels are pointed inward towards the bottom.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:50 PM   #7
The Big Weezy
Getting Wild
Club Car

That is exactly what I mean. Looks like you have positive camber issue (the wheels are tilted out at the top as viewed from the front). They should be 0 or slightly negative (tilted in at the top as viewed from the front). This also will affect toe in/out. Whoever installed that lift should have addressed it at that time. The faster the cart goes the more unstable it will feel. I think you need to have a chat with the installer or find a new shop to help correct it. Not saying that you can't, but will take some effort on your part that should have already been handled on their end.

Old 04-14-2019, 04:08 PM   #8
CMAC08
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yeah I agree. It should have been addressed before delivery. I spoke with them and haven’t had much luck. Thanks for the info. I’m going to read up on adjusting it the way it should be. I purchased it for my daughters to ride around on and it’s not safe as of now to turn them loose on it!
Old 04-14-2019, 04:37 PM   #9
The Big Weezy
Getting Wild
Club Car

I would contact the manufacturer of the lift kit and ask them for advice on the recommended settings and measurements. I'm not familiar with that kit and what kind of provisions they built in for adjustability.

I would also remove one of the 4 lug nuts and see where the lug stud aligns itself in the lug hole in the wheel. If it is not centered in the hole, you may want to look at new wheels as the nuts may continue to loosen.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:48 PM   #10
Crackback
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Your builder should have had all of those kinks worked out for you before you paid for and picked up that cart.
Crackback is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha