lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2020, 10:06 AM   #1
pyledriver
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Ydre attitude issue

Hello, I have a 07 ydre with a alltrax 500 amp controller, hd solenoid, emp motor, good batteries, all about 18 months old. The cart is used only weekends throughout the summer at a campground. Yesterday I loaded up the buggy on my trailer, cart ran strong, drove to campground and unloaded it, still ran strong.
Parked the cart for about 3-4 hours on charger,’then jumped on it and the cart hesitated for a second then took off with minimal power and about 1/2 the speed as normal. Batteries had 51.9 volts. At lower speeds I can hear solenoid clicking.
When I gas it from a dead stop it will hesitate for a sec or 2 and kinda jerks, then it goes but with minimal power.Checked batt and motor connections and all good, tried flipping tow/ run switch to tow for a few to reset controller and same thing. Any ideas??
pyledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2020, 03:52 PM   #2
pyledriver
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Ydre attitude issue

Update... after some testing with cart jacked up, tested tps voltage with meter, the readings sweep normally as they should and solenoid clicks as it should, it appears the the wheels spin only a fraction of the speed that they should it f&r. When I depress the pedal and the tps voltage gets to about 1.5v that is top speed. I actually have about 80% more pedal to push with no increase in wheel spin but the tps voltage does increase. Tried unplugging the motor speed sensor with no change, wiggled wires with no change. It’s like the motor is only being told to go a certain speed. Could the controller be bad? It is still under warranty.
Old 04-25-2020, 05:05 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Test voltage between controller terminals B+ & A2 when at full speed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:53 PM   #4
pyledriver
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the reply, I have since lowered it back on the ground and when I press the go pedal it hesitates and bucks like a wild horse. I was lucky enough to have a friend watch the light on the controller when this happens and get a precharge error. 1 greens followed by 6 red flashes. I guess I should call alltrax?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha