lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2019, 12:59 PM   #1
Net 30
Not Yet Wild

Default 2019 Drive2 Top Squeaks and Creaks

Just picked a 2019 Drive2 and have been pleased with it so far. One BIG issue is the amount of noise coming out of the rear of the canopy where the top tubes connect to the canopy.

While driving, every little bump creates a creaking and squeaking noise that is annoying as hell. I've tightened every bolt, removed the boots around the drain tubes, place rubber pads behind any contact points of seats and rear top supports and still can't get rid of the noise!

The dealer is 30 miles away and I'm just hoping for an easy fix.

Any advice?
Net 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2020, 04:55 PM   #2
ICorr434
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2019 Drive2 Top Squeaks and Creaks

I’ve got a 2019 Drive2 but with an extended roof. This required different rear uprights than the OEM. I had a heck of a squeak coming from the roof in the rear on the drivers side where the upright mounts to the roof frame. I got a 1/2” nylon washer from Home Depot and put that between the roof frame and upright. All that creaking went away. If I can figure out how to post a pic I’ll show you the setup. For what it’s worth, the dealer said all extended tops will squeak and best bet is to keep it OEM but for now I got it to stop making that terrible noise.
ICorr434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha