lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2007, 11:10 PM   #1
Riorat
supervision required

Club Car

Default painting With truck bed liner

Has any one else out there painted their cart with a truck bed liner I did last JAN. I used Durabak (bought online) THe stuff is tuff it really takes a beating. The onley problem I have with it is it has faded out It was a forest green now its a faded dull look. I think I paid about $114 for a gallon. For around $30 more U can get it with UV protection, that might keep it from fading out. I think I'm gonna camo it any way.I spray painted over some of the trim when I painted it & that has held up great. I love the texture it gives my cart. I also did the roof with a cheaper bed liner I got from a parts store. It did not do so well It is pealing off. But the wheater was a little cold when I brushed that on.
Riorat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2007, 11:21 PM   #2
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Default Re: painting With truck bed liner

I have a body on one of my carts that has bed liner paint on it. It's really faded red. I'm just going to repaint it when I'm ready to sell the cart. You're right. It's indestructible. And should be easy to repaint too.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riorat View Post
Has any one else out there painted their cart with a truck bed liner I did last JAN. I used Durabak (bought online) THe stuff is tuff it really takes a beating. The onley problem I have with it is it has faded out It was a forest green now its a faded dull look. I think I paid about $114 for a gallon. For around $30 more U can get it with UV protection, that might keep it from fading out. I think I'm gonna camo it any way.I spray painted over some of the trim when I painted it & that has held up great. I love the texture it gives my cart. I also did the roof with a cheaper bed liner I got from a parts store. It did not do so well It is pealing off. But the wheater was a little cold when I brushed that on.
Built a g9-a with a box and 4" lift for a freind's kid car. He spray's bed liners and shot all be body parts and steel box in black. Last time I saw it it was so covered in mud I don't think the color could fade if it wanted to. Looked pretty good after it was done. Sorry I just can't seem to attatch pix's to post's...maybe I'll learn soon... Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:20 PM   #4
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
I don't think the color could fade if it wanted to. Looked pretty good after it was done. Sorry I just can't seem to attatch pix's to post's...maybe I'll learn soon...
Picture Posting 101
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:36 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO! View Post
No No No...Is that you riding the big red club car ? My oh My. Ok lets try these pix's/atatchments.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2007_0730Image0003 (Small).JPG (91.6 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg 2007_0730Image0004 (Small).JPG (71.5 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg 2007_0730Image0006 (Small).JPG (65.7 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg 2007_0905Image0001 (Small).JPG (70.3 KB, 143 views)
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:06 AM   #6
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

No comment.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:56 PM   #7
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riorat View Post
Probably the reason it didnt do good on the roof is because it flexes as you drive unlike the body...
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
nhrata
Not Yet Wild

i'm going to use this to paint the rear well on my 83 par cart did you spray it in or roll in on ?
nhrata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:35 AM   #9
old#7
Not Yet Wild

I used www.scorpioncoatings.com/
old#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:51 PM   #10
Riorat
supervision required

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhrata View Post
i'm going to use this to paint the rear well on my 83 par cart did you spray it in or roll in on ?
I rolled mine on, but the instuctions said it could be sprayed, just had to get a special tip for your gun.
Riorat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint