lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:09 PM   #11
YellowSled
Gone Wild

Default Re: IRS Tax Form 8936

problem is "aquired" is not on the 8936, but "placed in service" is
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #12
Ga Zone
Zone

Talking Re: IRS Tax Form 8936

Hey guys, I never saw anything that said the car had to be placed in service in 2009,only that it had to be placed in service after 2008 and purchased before 1/1/10.

In looking at that form, it appears it is both for personal and possibly business use. Placed in service language is normally reserved for business applications for equipment depreciation. I don't see this being an issue. I do plan on completing the form correctly as to when I placed the car in service as that is the best way to create an issue is to falsify information.

Now...what is placed in service? My sole reason for buying this machine was in order to capture the tax credit; therefore, I placed the car in service at the moment I qualified for the credit.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #13
mgraye
Not Yet Wild

oops, may have to get aggressive. i just looked at the actual code and it does say date placed in service.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:04 AM   #14
DealMaker8378
Getting Wild

Just read a post on the FW website stating that the final IRS Form 8936 revision date has been pushed out to 2/11/10!!
Old 01-28-2010, 06:17 AM   #15
YellowSled
Gone Wild

this is getting kinda silly, its a FREAKIN form.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:32 AM   #16
bgw70
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealMaker8378 View Post
Just read a post on the FW website stating that the final IRS Form 8936 revision date has been pushed out to 2/11/10!!
Please note, that is for Turbo Tax. As far as I know, the IRS is scheduled to release 8936 today...I just checked the IRS site, but it is still not there...it appears that they have released 30 other forms and pubs today. Just not the one we are looking for!!!

HEY IRS, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM
Old 01-28-2010, 06:53 AM   #17
YellowSled
Gone Wild

still says 1/28/2010

http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/article...169726,00.html
Old 01-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #18
jamesgangnc
Not Yet Wild
Zone

Does still say today.

I ran into this whole mess also because turbo tax has an incomplete version of the form. It is there if you use the add form option. There is a worksheet that doesn't work though. So you have to right click on the form fields and choose to override them.

There is another, much longer, thread on a different discussion group where some guy has been talking to the irs. It's not very hopeful. What he's getting back is that placed in service is a big deal and that placed in service means you can put your hands on it in the driveway. A number of people in that thread are already cancelling their orders. Lots of bitching about what a pain that is.

I'm hoping the irs is considering what a mess this is going to cause and the final version of the form is based on acquired date. But I'm not hopeful that some bureacrate cares one way or another.

There's 2 possible problems with taking it on 2009 and then moving it to 2010. The obvious one is that irs will want interest and late fees on the 2009 correction. Less obvious is that a few folks fear the credit will be different in 2010.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:22 AM   #19
coal_man
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowSled View Post
this is getting kinda silly, its a FREAKIN form.
Did anyone actually think the government could do this without making a complete mess of it?

coal_man
Old 01-28-2010, 08:36 AM   #20
themackin
Not Yet Wild
Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by coal_man View Post
Did anyone actually think the government could do this without making a complete mess of it?

coal_man
Haha! Not in the least. Might have to pay my tax accountant a little extra this year to work through this one.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay