lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2010, 04:03 AM   #1
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default g16 carb adjustment wheel suggestions

how many turns do you recommend from all the way in ? i went about 1-1/4 of a turn but it still doesn't like small amounts of throttle its not the switch i have checked that to make sure it wasn't trying to kill it
any ideas

Also i changed to a set of 18" tires on a 9" rim they fit but it really killed my power is the to be expected ? i live in the sticks and mud and it would move with those tires but barley i changed back to the stock ones and it ran better but i have seen you guys run the bigger tires and wheels and wasn't sure if it affected your low end or not ?
s10king91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2010, 07:08 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: g16 carb adjustment wheel suggestions

I usually just back out about 2 turns. Should be fine. You may have an air leak around the airbox, carb, or spacer. Make sure the airbox is completely sealed and the spacer between the carb and intake isn't cracked or bad gasket.

You the spring/spacer torque kit if you are going run anything larger than stock tires. I would suggest a lift and off road tires with the torque kit since you are off roading.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
I usually just back out about 2 turns. Should be fine. You may have an air leak around the airbox, carb, or spacer. Make sure the airbox is completely sealed and the spacer between the carb and intake isn't cracked or bad gasket.

You the spring/spacer torque kit if you are going run anything larger than stock tires. I would suggest a lift and off road tires with the torque kit since you are off roading.
Yep, what he said!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

well plans are to do a 6" lift and im still looking at wheels and tires just can't decide what style.. i'll look in to the torque kit and double check the air box what about just buying a cone filter and a jet kit ?
Old 03-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

If you go with a lift and larger tires, the torque kit is a MUST!!

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

thanks so much for the help guys. do you recommend the complete kit with sheave or just the spring ?
Old 05-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
rkggoodman
Not Yet Wild

u have to use the sheve,but be prepared to use an air blunt air chizel to remove the helax from the shaft,or some type of puller
rkggoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #8
crash12888
Gone Crazy

The "1 1/4" turn out is not the magic point where they are all supposed to run at.
It is a general starting point to get it running and then be adjusted for optimum throttle response.
I usually start at 2 and fine tune it in or out (usually out) if stumbling from low RPMs.

You can get just the spring kit as long as your sheave surfaces are pretty smooth. You should be able to run 22" tires with no problems.

This cart got these 25" tires, we installed just the torque spring, but we also moved the motor forward a 1/2 inch so it's like running a 1" shorter belt.

crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:09 AM   #9
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

thats awsome thanks for the advice but i forgot all about this thread lol i traded the cart for a 95 camaro z28 but thanks Again for the response
Old 05-05-2010, 07:32 AM   #10
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Can I get 48 seconds of my life back then?

Hahahaha!!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha