lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #171
FLyLikeAG1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Newbie Restoring a G1

I am very curious to see pics of the entire cart now that it is all done! Under the fiberglass and all. Did you weld in a plate for the battery?
FLyLikeAG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #172
ky_mike
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I did put in a new plate for the battery. I'll see if I can find some up to date photos of the whole thing. I have also put in a new piston ring since I last updated this thread. Made a HUGE difference in the amount of smoke it puts out.
ky_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #173
jjjsudderth
Not Yet Wild

Fabulous job, we just got a g1 and my son and I are going to take the journey together. Your work is an inspiration!
jjjsudderth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #174
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjsudderth View Post
Fabulous job, we just got a g1 and my son and I are going to take the journey together. Your work is an inspiration!
That is so cool! Best time I can think of is when my dad and I had a project togeather. I learned so much and I beleive it made him happy too. Start a build thread, take pictures and post updates, Everyone on BGW loves update pictures Good luck on the journey and if you get stumped at some point, just ask!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:04 PM   #175
Victor Radford
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky_mike View Post
Been busy the past week but I finally managed to get the engine put back in the frame and everything wired back up. I'm 99% sure the wiring is correct but when I turn the key on and push the gas pedal absolutely nothing happens. No sounds, nothing moves......just nothing.

So I'm going to start trouble shooting but I'm not sure where to start. I'm guessing the best place to begin is the start stop switch under the gas pedal?

Should I here the solenoids click when I engage the pedal?

The good thing is none of the wires fried when I hooked everything up. The wiring is the part that I have dreaded and I hope it's not going to be a major undertaking getting it figured out.

Like I said when I did the wiring I'm 99% sure it is correct. I followed the wiring diagram to a "T". I did continuity checks from point a to point b of all the wires and studied the wiring diagram until I had it pretty much memorized

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Victor Radford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:04 PM   #176
Feepers
Not Yet Wild

I’m not sure how to post on here but anybody gotten any ideas I’m having a problem with my battery charging on a G1 1979 I’ve tested everything only thing I don’t have is five homes coming from the green and red wire from the starter everything else reads 1250 1260 volts any advice would be appreciated
Feepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha