lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
ekgguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Newbie to the site.... Question on Trim Pieces

Hey all, just found this site yesterday through a fellow member on my Avalanche forum and have been reading it ever since. I have a 1989 EZGO Marathon that I am somewhat restoring for my daughters High School Band. They use it to help move water and the larger instruments around during games.

It was in pretty bad shape when it was donated and missing quite a few pieces. This is what it looked like when I brought it home, except the top was on.

Here is what it look like now after some work that I have done along with some donations from some local vendors and some work fromt he High School welding shop.

To make a very long story short, I am looking for the trim pieces that go to the wheel wells and the one that goes around the front cowl. I have a brand new nose piece.

I have looked through some of the site sponsors and didnt get a good idea of who would have one from them. Any guidence you could provide would be extremely helpful.
ekgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie to the site.... Question on Trim Pieces

Sorry your post slipped by unanswered.

The front plastic cowl for that era Marathon came WITH AND WITHOUT headlight cutouts. Pretty sure both are still available. Also, the rubber molding is still available I believe, but usually in 50' rolls IIRC. Post a WTB in the for sale section as a 50 foot roll will do 3-4 carts and someone may have some left over. You may have to custom build your own flares as I do not believe the OEM fender flares are still available. But IDK for certain.

TIP: Soak the rubber molding in VERY hot water for several minutes before attempting to install. That rubber molding is very stiff and hard to install without warming it up just a tad.

Good luck.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

you can go to ur local dealer or go to shopezgo.com for your parts.

EZGO still has lots of the trim pieces still avail. I just ordered a new nose with headlights and some other trim pieces for a customer.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
ekgguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replies. I will do that. Any idea what fender flares I could start with to modify? I am not afraid of fiberglass....
ekgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:47 PM   #5
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Been a while but I think member Andy4639 used some flares originally made for a Jeep CJ5 and they looked very good on a Marathon. Don't know how much "modding" Andy had to do to them. Maybe he'll see this and post up a picture of the 89 Marathon he used to have along with a dialog on what he did. Like CC said, check the EZGO site and you just may find some and maybe all of the parts you're looking for. Going through an authorized EZGO dealer can be easier for getting the right part #'s, etc.

Good luck.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO