lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #1
CHEESEMAKER
Not Yet Wild

Default What's in my stable..

Alright, some members want to see what I got. Well, what I got sitting in my yard. First of all most of these are for a non-profit company that I volunteer at. http://www.outdoorschool.org/ I got tired of seeing them sit for 50 weeks out of the year, and then pull them out and try to get them running, and beat the snot out of them for two weeks. And they were in need of some love.

OH, one other thing, the barn they were stored in acouple years ago, collapsed under some typhoon force winds. So, some of them have scars, and lost some parts.

First of all this one is the only one running at this time.

Look closely to the front, and you will see where the barn hit this one. Currently, was running for a couple days, and now it has some issues, ie, carb or fuel pump. When running this one is my favorite.

This one is named Wings, because it flies. It needs some throttle adjustment or ?? Something happened to the motor, and the local High School shop class rebuilt it, and now it is full throttle or nothing. It has no range of throttle. I haven't look into it. This one had a nice top to it, but the barn decided otherwise. It also has the flip down rear seat/flat top.

And currently its passenger front spindle had some idiot try to weld cast iron, and it looks like this.

Have a new one on its way from Amazon.

This one is Hope, and it should be named Hopeless. It was low on power, especially on hills. But last year it quit running. I feel it needs some Carb, fuel pump, and or a cylinder rebuild. Check out the intake on it!!

CHEESEMAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
CHEESEMAKER
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What's in my stable..

And onto what I will be calling the "Mystery Machine!!" Had a friends grandpa give me this one. He said it needed the bottom end of the motor looked into. I think it needs more than that. But I get the laughs everytime I look at it. I keep finding more stuff that is WTF???

First a overall look it doesn't look bad.

What was I thinking??? I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Yes, they torched holes for the shackle bolts.

Ok I can't keep my mouth shut. How about motorcycle shocks?

Leaf spring arch anybody?

I'm thinking maybe down the road, the "Mystery Machine" may get a Predator series motor or something. But right now, I feel that I relly need to take inventory on it. Oh, I couldn't get pictures of the threaded rod that was bent to make ubolts to hold the axle on!!

I might be able to get three of them running in the next month and a half. It all depends on what things will cost me. Since I'm broke, and all the repairs are coming out of my pocket.

Critique the stable if you wish. I'm still learning about them as I go. So, I'm sorry for all my newbie questions. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:31 AM   #3
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESEMAKER View Post
So, I'm sorry for all my newbie questions. Thanks.
Looks like a great program for the local kids. The only problem I see is letting the children (or staff) use these carts with all the rusty parts and sharp broken metal pieces. Looks like a safety nightmare. Hope nobody gets hurt. Oh, and maybe I missed something but I didn't actually see any questions in your post. Did they get removed for some reason?
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #4
CHEESEMAKER
Not Yet Wild

The questions thing is for other posts on this forum, about research and learning about them.

The only rusty/dangerous one isn't running at all. And is gonna need some major work to get running properly. All the others, the bodies are in really good shape. They just look rough. And only adult staff are allowed to use the carts. No children. At this time, the only ones running is "Comfort" and "Wings." The other two "Dot" and "Hope" are having issues. "Dot" is having fuel delivery/carb issues, and "Hope" needs a rebuild.

Thank you for your concern though. It really is an awesome program we do. Not only do I help out, I get alot out of it myself every year. It renews my faith in our youth. There is alot of really smart kids out there, that is trying to make something out of nothing. Some are coming from very bad situations, and can still see the good things in life. That makes me feel good.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

If we weren't on opposite coasts, I'd give you a hand getting those carts running again and painted up nice once more.

Good luck with your projects,
-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:37 PM   #6
CHEESEMAKER
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scott! I'm slowly learning about them. One broken part at a time. I got Wings fixed yesterday, the steering arm showed up, and then got it running. And proceeded to find another problem. The reverse cable got jacked up. And when I looked at the cable from underneath, I remembered we had issues trying to get it on a trailer last year. The trailer didn't have long enough ramps and it hung up on the underside of the motor. And I just found out the damage it did.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides