lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
Town777
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ GO Electric Cart Clicks but NO movement Forward or Reverse!!

Good Day!
I have a late 90s electric EZ GO cart and it normally operates fine. I have charged the batteries and went to take it out. It clicks but NO movement forward or reverse. I have a switch under the flap, above the batteries that is used for ON and OFF. Not sure if that was a problem so, I disconnected it from the switch and twisted the wires together. Still nothing!!

I have not LOAD tested the batteries yet but just cannot believe that it wont even make an effort to move. I cannot believe that the batteries would be that dead. They are probably about 6 years old, TROJANS. I would love to hear somebody with experience, take me thru a list of steps to determine this problem. Thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing back from somebody. Take care!

Town
Town777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
lmswest
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZ GO Electric Cart Clicks but NO movement Forward or Reverse!!

You might have better luck in the Ez go section, this is the club car section..
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
Town777
Not Yet Wild

Whoops, Sorry, I am new to this!! Thanks!

Town777
Old 09-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town777 View Post
Good Day!
I have a late 90s electric EZ GO cart and it normally operates fine. I have charged the batteries and went to take it out. It clicks but NO movement forward or reverse. I have a switch under the flap, above the batteries that is used for ON and OFF. Not sure if that was a problem so, I disconnected it from the switch and twisted the wires together. Still nothing!!

I have not LOAD tested the batteries yet but just cannot believe that it wont even make an effort to move. I cannot believe that the batteries would be that dead. They are probably about 6 years old, TROJANS. I would love to hear somebody with experience, take me thru a list of steps to determine this problem. Thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing back from somebody. Take care!

Town
if you come back and read this keep in mind it only takes 1 battery to fail to stop your cart dead so beleive it........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
Town777
Not Yet Wild

Wrong forum, please delete this thread! Thanks

Last edited by Town777; 09-01-2012 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: I want to delete this posting please! Wrong Forum

Tags
clicks, ez go electric, no movement
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car