lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2014, 03:31 PM   #21
raypa
Getting Wild

Default Re: gas in oil

That is my understanding. If you get too much fuel in the bowl, it will run up through the venturi (sp) and flow right into the intake. (at least from my 2nd grade understanding)++

btw, nice signature
raypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2014, 05:33 PM   #22
duramax
Gone Wild

got a 2012 gmc 2500 denali
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:42 PM   #23
raypa
Getting Wild

dmax, I'm running an 02 2500hd with the heartbeat of america izuzu dmax. lol

My float is level. Why am I still getting fuel in the oil? other input? Both minkuni carbs I have had the same *** plastic float that was angled down when upside down. I took the older of the two floats and modded it so the float is now level and I'm still getting fuel.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #24
duramax
Gone Wild

had a 06 dmax loved it but was getting some miles on her. the 12 has too many computers & I don't like all the emissions
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1889.jpg (105.8 KB, 0 views)
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:13 AM   #25
raypa
Getting Wild

My float is level. Why am I still getting fuel in the oil? other input? Both minkuni carbs I have had the same *** plastic float that was angled down when upside down. I took the older of the two floats and modded it so the float is now level and I'm still getting fuel.

Any other thoughts? I keep taking it apart and putting it back together. Everthing seems adjusted right..
Old 04-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #26
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

There are two (2) possible entry points for gas into the engine. 1. Leaky float valve. 2. Leaky pulse diaphragm in fuel pump. Have you pulled the pulse hose off the fuel pump to be sure that is not the problem?? I've been having a similar problem with my 97 G16. It's not as severe as yours, but it's happening. I finally put a gas shut off in the fuel line and that has helped slow it down, as long as I remember to shut it off.
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #27
raypa
Getting Wild

I cleaned the pulse hose and it is a new fuel pump. I have a brand new float valve in the carb. Is there a way to see if the float valve is leaking? or seeing if there is an issue with the pulse hose? Isn't the pulse from the motor to the fuel pump? how wo the fuel come down it
Old 04-16-2014, 02:15 PM   #28
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Isn't the pulse from the motor to the fuel pump? how wo the fuel come down it

It is a pulse line vacuum- pressure vacuum- pressure it will suck gas .
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #29
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Looks like you eliminated the pump as the problem by installing a new one. When/if the pump diaphragm gets a pinhole in it, gas will leak past the diaphragm every time the crankcase applies vacuum to it. If it was leaking you would have gas inside the pulse hose. That's how you check it. I guess the only thing left then is the float needle and seat and you say that is also new. The fuel shut off I mentioned is pretty inexpensive ($5 or so) and could save you a lot of grief. Not sure how to help any further. Good luck - RAY

Last edited by bigstik40; 04-17-2014 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: corrected
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha